• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Qatar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know a few guys that are there now. I don't know details regarding work rules. I know the pay is GOOD it's tax free, I beleive company also pays for housing(Not 100% sure). There are many foreign pilots,guys I know are Central American, but I'am told there are like 80 different nationalities working for the airline.

Word on the street is that Emirates and Ethiad are the top two, followed kind of closely by Qatar Airways and further by Gulf Air (kind of a mess right now).

A friend who was a check pilot for GF said "don't leave a job for one of these but if you're out of work, they're pretty good".

Keep in mind, on pprune, you will get a very negative view of whatever airline you are discussing (from BA to Cathay to the gulf carriers). TC

Qatar has probably the cleanest aircraft and some of the nicest routes, pay is among the top, lots of rules at work regarding wearing hats not getting served by the crew until all pax are served a bit of a strict place to work...but if u follow the rules, all of them you stay out of trouble...not quite the cozy crm style atmosphere we enjoy elsewhere over here...rents in Qatar expensive not sure oif the housing covers all of it...depends on your taste in housing like most places over here...

Golden Falcon -

How often do yo get to go back stateside?

FD

Hate spending time in the back of airplanes, so dont go that often...short trips to the east are more akin to my liking

The CEO is a tyrant. He makes Frank Lorenzo look like an angel. I would avoid this airline like the plague based on what I have heard and read (just read PPrune for examples). If you absolutely MUST go to the Middle East, I guess Emirates would be my pick with Etihad would be a close second. Dubai is getting more expensive but at least it has sections that resemble the US of A. I hear Doha is boring...

Dubai is getting more expensive but at least it has sections that resemble the US of A. I hear Doha is boring...

Why on earth would you want to work for a foreign carrier and live there and hope or want it to resemble the US of A???

Go back to UAL and fly domestic.

Latest resources

Back