Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jet_Dreamer

Living The Dream??
Anyone have any good things to say about psa? I have been told they are short pilots because of new routes. Any truth to this? This was told to me from a friend who knows the psa chief pilot.

A friend of mine (furloughed AA) has an interview for the 21st of this month. Although, I have sent them a resume and have not heard a word yet.

The Dir of Training at PSA( Brad Silverstein) swindled me out of $446 for 4 buddy passes he "borrowed". Its been 5 months since the guy has returned a call, he screens his calls so I guess I am screwed. If any of ya guys see Brad at your interview tell him that his "friend" said HI! (the one now bumped to reserve-$700/mo paycut, with a 5 month old baby, and wife who quit her job 40,000/year cut) but if he needs any more help with buddy passes we can always scrape by!

Dude everytime someone posts about PSA you say how this guy ripped you off. Would you mind stopping? We get the point already. Maybe we can put together a fund raiser to get your $446 back and you can stop posting this sh!t.

As far as being short. Yes we are short espeially captains right now. Guys and gals are getting junior manned or extended frequently.

Things are up in the air right now on what is going on at mainline and the fact the Dornier is in financial trouble. MAnagment dosen;t tell us anything, so we will have toi wait and see.

Oh, PSA has two chief pilots. PIT and DAY.

328dude- so the company is not as stable as it could be? I am sorta being selective on who i send my resume to. is psa a good place to be, or should i consider other places?

If you are looking for stability avoid just about any carrier affiliated with US Airways. Like 328dude said things are up in the air with this LOA 81 J4J stuff. Management isn't telling us anything right now so who knows. The whole Dornier thing is not much of an issue because with all the Dorniers out there someone will build parts. Where there is demmand, there will be a supply.

Personally I love working with the people here and the aircraft rocks, but am a little worried about the J4J.

If I were you I would send my stuff in anyway. Even if you don't want the job, get the interview and decide if you want the job or not when you are/aren't offered one. These days its best to leave your options open.

If you have any more questions ask away.

Good Luck!

Skeezer

Its Not Sh!t, I just want to get the word out to the PSA guys about their beloved "bug system" guy. Rumor has it most of the PSA guys aren't real fond of flying around a D328 at Dash 8 speeds! Any input from a PSA guy? Did you guys know that flying 9.734 knots slower will save approximately 1.235871 gallons per hour? Only a PSA guy will appreciate that!

Brad is Brad and is how he is. Even though all guys and gals might not agree with his ideas or strategies, guys b1tch and moan for a few weeks then learn to live with it.

I don't think guys and gals are going to mind a few knots slower especially with the new block or better finally in the new contract.
Just my 2 cents.

If ya guys get the higher of SCHED or ACTUAL then the BUG SYSTEM is a beautiful thing!!! Is that in your new contract? It should be! My previous job had me working for Silverstein, believe it or not, the guy was also my primary CFI. Thats why I cant imagine the guy avoiding me for 5 months (cell phone, his DAY office, home in MKE), I have 2 other people leaving messages for him too, he has shown to me how disrespectful and caniving (spellin check please) he can be. Give my regards to Bradley when ya see him!

Latest resources

Back