Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mavrck

Hey all,

looking for info on PSA. QOL? Reserve time? I know bases are CLT, DAY, TYS. Whats the jr base? Odds of getting CLT as a base? How you like it there? The usual stuff...

Thanks in advance.

Interviewed there back in June. DAY and TYS are junior however they said "within a few months" you can hold what ever base you want, which seems on par with what some of my friends there say. They mentioned reserve is 9 months, not sure if thats accurate at all.

ok thanks for the reply. What was the interview like? Did you get get news?

Interview went well. I studied the gouges, aerodynamics and weather sections of the ATP written and had no trouble. I deferred a class date until I find out whats going to happen at my current airline. Do you have an interview?

Run, run far away. PSA Sucks!

I am currently employed flying a C-525A for a private family. I'm very happy and treated with respect. As for PSA I am sure it's similar to other regionals. You are questioned about everything you do. Treated as if you're a high schooler and basically not shown any professionalism at all. Just my 2 cents.

Beautiful. But I was hoping for firsthand info. Ive flown charter for 17 years and WAS treated well too. Just hope your ride doesnt leave you someday too.

I am employed by PSA and I will tell you first hand if you want to commute, reserve at PSA will make this very difficult. Also PSA is a micro-mgmt meca, keep your eyes open for other options.

I am also looking for info. I have a lot of time and was trying to wait it out where I am at (pinnacle). However our ship is sinking pretty fast. I live in TYS and it sounds like I could get it shortly out of class.
This would be my fourth jump if I did. But I can explain all.
so question 1- what would my QOL be like in base at TYS? I hate commuting!
With the windows opening up soon at the majors what would you do in my shoes? I have 8000+ hours with some Pic (1400) from another aiine. I am an fo who will lose my job at some point. Just a matter of when! It could be a year or more but then we might close the doors this year. I am not at the bottom but around 30% on the fo side. I've been furloughed four times and don't want to go down with the ship but don't want to make a bad choice and jump ship too early either. So the million dollar question is... can I hang on here until.... or should I go? What would you do in my shoes?
Thanks guy

Latest resources

Back