Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rvrrat

*** CAUTION-Venting Inflammatory Comments***

Anyone who has earned or aspires to the CFI certificate should recall from the PTS;
Area of Operation- Fundamentals of Instructing
Task E- Flight Instructor Characteristics and Responsibilities
Item 1- Major considerations and qualifications which must be included in flight instructor professionalism.

Professionalism isn't a concern for flight instructors only.

Full time aviator or weekend pleasure aviator; all of us who have a pilot's license are compromised by the belittling divisiveness that is portrayed in the thread "Poll: Do you support the RJDC."

This posting is NOT about any opinion I may have concerning the RJDC & associated issues.

This posting IS about my disappointment in some members of the fraternal group of people known as aviators.

I have thought that professional aviators are a group of intelligent, educated, classy people worth associating with; worth emulating; worth the time, effort and expense to gain entry into the aviation industry so that I might spend more time in their company, enjoy the endeavor of flying while getting paid to do it and learn more from people I have looked up to as a group and trusted intuitively.

I am disappointed, disillusioned and feel let down by posts that reveal a dismaying lack of professionalism.

I specifically wish to thank Caveman, FlyDeltasJets, Skydiverdriver and Surplus1 for exhibiting (IMHO) professionalism while expressing opinions in their posts. All hope & faith in fellow aviators is not lost.

Sincerely,
Rvr

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back