• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Private Pilots License Question?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Alright...dont make too much fun off me, but it took 85 hrs. I was a dumb a$$ when i started, but i am much better now;)

1900cpt

I don't have the logbook in front of me, but I'm in that area, too.

I started out Part 61, while I was working a full time job. Sometimes, the runway wouldn't get plowed after a snow since the town owned the airport. We were a low priority. So, I spent time catching up after getting rusty during those down times.

I had no intention of flying professionally. I worked hard to get back to the affinity I had for flying between age 10 and 18, and tried to fit my training in around the job.

Eventually, I decided that I wasn't nearly as happy as when I had been flying. That's still true today. Since I wasn't able to just fly around on my own to satisfy the urge due to cost, I had to adopt aviation as my new career. I was my second best decision in my life, and by comparison, that's saying something.

I had 42 hours in my logbook but I cheated. My dad is a pilot and
I grew up flying with him. He was not an Instructor but he taught
me alot of things to do AND NOT TO DO! I started my official training when I was 17 years old. I own a small flight school now
and find that the average for a Private is between 55 and 75
hours.

Proav

I was held back a grade because of my diversion.

I got all of my required events for a proper diversion and even make it to my diverted airport within 5 minutes but I always forget one thing. I always forgot to call FSS to change my flight plan.

I am not kidding about this, but my instructor took me on 5 seperate cross countries until I did a proper diversion. So with all of those extra cross countries I made my PPL at 62 hours.

I had 43 hours in my logbook when I took my private checkride.

Instrument: 40.1 hours
Commercial: 252.2 hours
Multi-comm instrument: 6.7 Hours in a seminole
CFI: 260.1 total time.

Latest resources

Back