PPC? Quicksilver ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skysurfer76

Im looking to buy either a powered parachute or something like a quicksilver on floats. I like the idea of putting the ppc in an enclosed trailer while not in use (the hanger), and using it to relocate the unit to an away flying field easier. However, I have flown in a Powered paraglider trike before and didn’t care to much on how it rocked and twisted around with power changes and lite turbulence..Will the heaver PPC do the same?
Also I have been looking at the quicksilver 2 place with floats…..that looks like too much fun as well.

Anyone have any ideas or experiences with either a quicksilver or ppc’s ?

the ppc's are alot of fun and very portable. i would caution you for assuming you can trailer it to the local airport and fly. the majority of airport managers will not let you fly a ppc out of a normal airport due to "safety issues" and past bad experiences with ppc's. this will limit you to private fields or cow pastures. i have had many friends sell their ppc due to no place to fly from. the quicksilver, i have owned 5 of them, are great planes. i love them on floats. the upside is that you can normally fly from the field where you rent a hanger. i would suggest a rotax 582 engine for any two seater with floats. the rotax 503 is just not enough power. every machine has it's pro's and con's, for my liking, i prefer the quicksilver sport IIS with puddle jumper floats and retractable gear, rotax 582 blue head engine and 3 blade warp drive prop. it is almost as much fun as my helicopter, but that is another story.

good luck with our decision, both are alot of fun.

if you are looking for a used plane, go to www.barnstormers.com . if you want a new on call dragonfly aviation in cleveland, ga. there number is 706-219-3960. they are a quicksilver dealer, instuctor and build center.

Latest resources

Back