• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Potomac Air & Jets for Jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Except this time it isn't "taking" anything from anybody. Potomac Air will be a completely stand alone self sufficient airline. The pilots will be 100% staffed with furloughed US Airways pilots. Furthermore, US Airways has agreed to automatically acknowledge that the Potomac pilots are represented by ALPA. They are not a non union carrier this time.
This is not an Alter-Ego airline or any other BS. The other wholly owned pilots have been screaming that the rj's should go to the wholly owned carriers. Potomac Air will be and has always been a wholly owned carrier. Problem solved. Nobody has to get upset over jets for jobs and the furloughed mainline pilot, the only pilot that should benefit from relaxing our scope, will have a job. Everybody is happy...Right? Sure.

Last edited:
Becket wrote: the furloughed mainline pilot, the only pilot that should benefit from relaxing our scope, will have a job. Everybody is happy...

Ya gotta love the I got Mine attitude. A scope clause restricting RJ flying to 70 aircraft is what has made this company #6. Comair has over 100 RJs and thats just one of Deltas connection carriers. Someone please post the rest of the RJ stats so Becket can see how the Mainline pilots have caused our customers to fly elsewhere on jets.

Beckett...your attitude shows what a complete a$$ you are. The Usairways mainline pilots and MEC has been shortsighted for so long, that catching up may never happen. Why, because "we got scope". Like a bunch of babies! You would never buy into a flow-through, which would not only benefit express pilots, but would have benefitted the mainline pilots in a circumstance like this. But now, you guys will agree to flow anywhere that will take you. Lets start a flow-back now, because it benefits us! What is that? Now express/Rj's are good enough for you, even though thay were so far beneath you all this time. Pretty desparate, arent we? As far as POT, you do not have a clue. By defending the formation of POT originally, you go against everything unions stand for and have fought for! What a jerk. The PDT pilots agreed to allow the initial formation of POT without a fight - which was a legitimate alter-ego, because we were led to believe that this would facilitate the merger with United, which would ultimately benefit our airline. We were also told if the merger failed, they would be shut down immediately, since they were formed to have DC Air up and running day one, which is what the feds wanted to see concerning a USAirways/United monopoly in DC. THIS DID NOT HAPPEN! U kept POT alive, using lower paid NON UNION employees to fly former PDT aircraft. This personally affected me, and my putting dinner on the table. My quality of life suffered, and where was the support of my mainline ALPA brothers??? Nowhere to be found. And now I see why. You guys didnt understand, nor give a crap. Well, now POT will be formed differently, ok. So enjoy your RJ, I hope you enjoy the flavor of shoe leather, since your all eating your words now. I just hope your egos can adjust!

I fly for PDT and hope that this company makes it through this tough time. But it's amazing that you have mainline pilots that feel we are taking there flying. (3 Wo's are the same company as you) We at Piedmont don't want and have never wanted to take mainline flying, what we have wanted is to Replace 15 year old Props which the public hates with RJ's. We have never ever lost money at PDT, but mainline management have sat back and watched the Mainline Labor Unions run the Cash Registers.(Full pay till the last day: is the mainline motto) Well boys enjoy the Koolaid because I think this Cooler is almost empty and you are one the biggest resons. Let's hope its not to late for all of us!!!

If you haven't seen it or felt it yet, the wholly owned subs. of USAir are treated like red-headed step children. USAir will eat their young and spit them out.

Mainline has 1073 pilots on furlough how many do the wo's have? Since these jets seen to be such a problem for you guys and all you want to do is bash mainline pilots, like WE have a say in anything. Call Dave tell him your not interested in flying the jets so the right people can make sure you get to keep flying the props!!! I came up through the commuters feeling like I wasn't respected but ya know what? Respect is earned, and blocking radio transmissions, and name calling isn't the way to get it. I will be sure to pass on these posting to crystal city, maybe they will put the jets at mesa but I guess that will be the mainline pilots fault again won't it?

Exactly right....it will be the mainline pilots fault, because once again it will be due to the greed of the mainline MEC. So enjoy your new careers at Mesa and TSA. The schedules, pay and work rules are outstanding! When you guys finally step up and fight to keep all the flying within the company, maybe we will get some respect for you.

Flybywire,

Why do you say that the WO don't wanna to fly these jets? There is not one WO pilot on this thread that said that. We are saying that we want our turbo-props replaced for jets. The WOs together may have 150 aircraft with pretty much enough people to fly them so your not really creating any more pilot jobs, just replacing old planes for newer ones to remain in the game against other carriers.

And to some others that say U is giving away mainline flying to the express airlines, I did'nt know that we were doing PIT - FLL, WOW thats news to me. I guess the mainline guys would be happy flying an Airbus from PHL to DCA all day. We are NOT taking your flying. PSA has been going to the same airports it did when I came here a year ago. If anything we have lost group flying to contract airlines with RJs.

The truth of the matter is that before 9/11 the Mainline MEC said that any additional RJs would have to be flown at Mainline. Fine, but now whats happened? Now that it looks like Crystal City is ready to buy RJs why then the whole startup of POT? Why not go with the original plan and put them at Mainline where the MEC originally wanted them. The MEC is acting like management instead of fighting for its pilot group, it looks like their trying to shut some Junior pilots up and just throw them at Express. And quess what, thats probably where your gonna stay, cause last time I look at the LOA it didn't have to much to say on these furloughees coming back to Mainline.

The WO are trying to get the Mainline to keep group flying within the US Airways Group; ie: Mainline, PDT, ALG, and PSA.
Your MEC should be fighting for its pilots to come back to Mainline not trying to find them Express jobs.

We are simply asking to be able to feed Mainline flights utilizing the best aircraft possible to increase Group Profits, Destinations, Equipment, and Jobs.

>Mainline has 1073 pilots on furlough how many do the wo's have?
None so far but we have cancelled new hire classes and upgrades.

>Since these jets seen to be such a problem for you guys and all you want to do is bash mainline pilots, like WE have a say in anything.
The jets are not the problem since we do not fly any. The mainline MEC was instrumental in scoping the WO's out of jets and sending them to MESA, Et al.

>Call Dave tell him your not interested in flying the jets so the right people can make sure you get to keep flying the props!!!
Are you referring to PDT's CP? Who are the "right people"?

>I came up through the commuters feeling like I wasn't respected but ya know what?
What tough guy? You sure as heck don't have my respect.

>Respect is earned, and blocking radio transmissions, and name calling isn't the way to get it.
Who's blocking radio xmissions and calling names? Give specific examples, please.

>I will be sure to pass on these posting to crystal city, maybe they will put the jets at mesa but I guess that will be the mainline pilots fault again won't it?
When you talk to crystal city, please be sure and have them pull up performance data for U Express. Then they can accurately do a comparison/contrast between Wo/Mesa and see who has the best on time and completion performance.
C-ya

Report this post to

RIGHT ON JETPROP AND BOREDTODEATH!

Latest resources

Back