Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Possible SWA T.A. pay numbers... Embrace the suck.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will stick with what we have. The TA is a giveway of unbelieveable proportions. I would think only somone 63 or older would vote yes. Anyone else is either a fool or cannot understand the concept of what this TA will do to our jobs and quality of life.

That is the correct attitude. The top 30% of the Captains in each base will try to sell you out because they don't think any of the changes, including redeyes or JV or codeshare, will affect them. The 1700 former AT pilots will vote NO because this is their chance to keep the "gold mine."

Giving up flying via JVs or codeshares is something you will never get back, take it from pilots from the big 3. Cheaper INTL pilots flying larger planes is what all managements want. A small raise can't make up for that loss, we all can see that now. Good luck to you guys.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Lear,

There is no language that addresse how the red eye flight are going to be constructed. That is my number one reason for voting no.

Found what I was looking for;

Used to say only one red eye trip per month (if you had 4 three days, only one three day could have red eye flying). That language is crossed out.

If you have a red eye on your schedule, you can only trade it for another red eye.

You can sit for up to 2.5 hours in the middle of your multi-leg red eye flight.

You can be scheduled to have your DH end 1 hour past your maximum duty period.

You can only be scheduled for one DH leg after flying a red eye. That's good. Unless the association agrees to change it. Why EVEN include that? Unless it's MOU fodder.

I was senior enough at AT to do this flying and realize it was not for me. If this passes. I will see all of this.

AAAARRRGGGHH!!!! what do we pay our negotiating committee members for....seriously....OUR JOB is to fly planes and have them sift through this crap!! WHY has THIS become the norm!!!!
I look forward to having "Lear70" digest this TA for us as I KNOW and am CONFIDENT he will be obective and point out what our d-bag negotiators should have!!!
We should NOT have to taste the turd to see if we like it...period... WE PAY these useless tools for this???!!...don't bring us a 50%+1 hopeful turd and HOPE we vote for it....LAME...LAME....LAME...

There I feel better...now back to your original programming

Geez. Calm down. They're just pilots. Just like you. While you go home and play golf or coach your kids soccer game between trips, these guys spend month after month heads down pouring over language. And yet people treat them like they're taking money from your pocket. Like the TA or hate it, remember that all of the union's committees and board members are just pilots standing up and volunteering their time and energy to make the association run. Dbags? Right. The average pilot can't even be bothered to wear a dark tie as an expression of unity and the guys with their hands in the dirt doing the work are the dbags?

Well? Next time why don't you get off your butt and go volunteer for some committee work?! Quit blaming SWAPA. You ARE SWAPA!

Last edited:
Geez. Calm down. They're just pilots. Just like you. While you go home and play golf or coach your kids soccer game between trips, these guys spend month after month heads down pouring over language. And yet people treat them like they're taking money from your pocket. Like the TA or hate it, remember that all of the union's committees and board members are just pilots standing up and volunteering their time and energy to make the association run. Dbags? Right. The average pilot can't even be bothered to wear a dark tie as an expression of unity and the guys with their hands in the dirt doing the work are the dbags?

Well? Next time why don't you get off your butt and go volunteer for some committee work?! Quit blaming SWAPA. You ARE SWAPA!

To that point I hope SWA pilots realize this TA isn't about us. Yes we sent pilot negotiators to the table and told the company negotiators what we wanted. It's not like they didn't deliver the message. The company response was NO. They gave us pay rates comparable AA and in exchange for our entire Section 1. It's a complete rewrite. It gives them ALL of their asks. It's all about them. Has been since day 1. So the ball is in our court. Forget the pay. Not that we should except one penny less. Focus on what the company wants and why. That will minimize the pain down the road. The only leverage we have is a unified No vote, keep the industry leading job protections and keep the schedule flexibility that we have. Want meaningful retirement and less ambiguous languages? Then 8,000 pilots had better ask for it. That's where we are.

Yep. Pretty simple. Don't trade what we have for this p.o.s. and a few extra bucks that will likely be absorbed by concessions and weak language.

not necessarily routing against you all, but... Back in the day Pan Am was ur equal opposite (international v domestic. I.e. They did all their own international flying) US politicians and other countries'airlines teamed up to change that. It would be quite incongruent to see a US airline like SWA be able to do all their own international flying in today's age. Youre short on compliance and enormously limited in a single airplane type, And Pan Am's advantage was traded away as much by US politicians as it was US legacy contracts. So why should it be made easy for you now? You're expensive, your cabin service is even more stale than UAL (which is pathetic) and frankly, you're just not that special. Do whatever you're going to do, but do NOT ask US politicians to make it easier for SWA in exchange for allowing the ME3 to do what they want to do.

not necessarily routing against you all, but... Back in the day Pan Am was ur equal opposite (international v domestic. I.e. They did all their own international flying) US politicians and other countries'airlines teamed up to change that. It would be quite incongruent to see a US airline like SWA be able to do all their own international flying in today's age. Youre short on compliance and enormously limited in a single airplane type, And Pan Am's advantage was traded away as much by US politicians as it was US legacy contracts. So why should it be made easy for you now? You're expensive, your cabin service is even more stale than UAL (which is pathetic) and frankly, you're just not that special. Do whatever you're going to do, but do NOT ask US politicians to make it easier for SWA in exchange for allowing the ME3 to do what they want to do.

This isn't a political debate... wrong thread. This is about the T.A. and negotiating with the company. It has nothing to do with legislation or anything else.

No one said we wanted to fly all over the world in a 737, but we certainly can cover N America, Mexico, the Caribbean, and most of S America with the 700's and 800's, and the rest of S America and Hawaii with the Max.

The POINT is that we don't want to give that flying away. There's no reason we need codeshare for those. We're growing into it NOW, more destinations every quarter.

Would we consider SOME code-share? I think a good portion of the pilot group MIGHT give up some FAR international with drop-dead dates and cease-and-desist language, rather than some kind of ridiculous "circuit breaker" language that is almost impossible to digest. First rule of contract language - if it's hard for YOU to read and digest it, it'll be hard for the arbitrator, which makes enforcement extremely hard.

As for the rest of your post, I really don't see much of a comparison between us and Pan-Am. Different era, different product. I personally preferred the cabin experience at AirTran with assigned seating and Business Class, but whenever people find out I work at Southwest, 9 times out of 10 the response is "I love them! You guys are so fun to fly on!" You have to remember, the average person may fly once or twice a year. For them, it's not stale.

Good luck,,,

And to think the SME's read over this language and decided to send it on the the pilot group. The level of incompetence is staggering from the BOD to the NC and to the NOC. Dewey, Cheatem and Howe"....... From our own representatives. You have to wonder what they are getting from the company for throwing their own pilot group under the train. Take the quote from our president in March boliviating on about RRC and section 1 is sacred blah blah blah. Now he quickly shovels this load of dung at the pilot group. Phuking worthless. He does not even have the courage to send out anything to the pilots he is screwing over.
The pilot group has quickly poked holes in a multitude of sections with piss poor language and concessionary give backs for nothing. They did not even have the courage to forward it the the pilot group with a NO vote recommendation.

This isn't a political debate... wrong thread. This is about the T.A. and negotiating with the company. It has nothing to do with legislation or anything else,

SWA can't do what it wants to do without some change or without help. Period. Other countries will not surrender it to you like was once done with PanAm. My advice: try and keep your code share to one airline, or maybe two. Pick one with young FAs, the right airplanes, and one that can help the SWA geniuses demystify the intricacies of etops.

Latest resources

Back