Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Possible SWA T.A. pay numbers... Embrace the suck.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results." I am sorry for you and your family that you were furloughed. But I was just saying that what has been standard procedure for most airlines (hire to you furlough) has not been the case at SWA...it seems that management at SWA has a longer view when it comes to sustainability...I understand mgmt when they seek to "low ball" us in negotiations and seek what we view as concessionary changes to work rules and pay rates...hey that's their job...but by not settling with us 2 years ago, they screwed up and they know it...the current negotiating environment favors labor, perhaps as it never has before... DL mgmt misjudged, and our FAs will probably vote down their TA...the stage is set for real gains in this contract if we remain unified...

I'd like to point out to PCL and Lear70, you may be arguing a moot point. SWAPA and DALPA can never afford to strike. At least not during your career paths. After the debacle of the 80's and the flagrant disregard of PATCO's pickett lines any attempt by either group to strike would wind up in failure. And frankly, why should some kid from the regionals respect their efforts knowing that without the right "squadron creds" he or she would never be hired there anyway. It is interesting to see how far they'll take it though.

89-90 ca hours a month @ united = about $20K with 15 days off.

you saying at UAL you're crediting 90 hours with 15 days off on narrow bodies? really? or you just making that up? How much flight time is that typically?

you saying at UAL you're crediting 90 hours with 15 days off on narrow bodies? really? or you just making that up? How much flight time is that typically?

Yep add some per diem and some INTL override and 90 hours will get you $20K+ before taxes for 737 and 320 captains.

It can be done on reserve as well. VDO your last day off 3 times a month into a productive trip.

When you're negotiating from a position of weakness, you get what you're given. No leverage = $h!+ contract.

I love the guys that talk about the 150TFP/month...premium time...and in the next breath start talking smack about what they'll accept as retro. GMAFB. this place has "cartels" who's goal is to steal trips from fellow pilots. If this was any other airline these hoars would be ostracized...their names would be on a list...at SW they're considered heros.

I'll vote in favor of the first halfway reasonable offer to come along...for 3 reasons.

1. If I've learned anything from the AT integration, it's this...if you try to negotiate with no leverage, this management will screw you hard and deep and do it with a smile.
2. This pilot group is a clueless and greedy bunch of narcissistic sheeple who don't have a clue how labor/management negotiations are supposed to work.
3. I hate SWAPA.

Last edited:
I'll vote in favor of the first halfway reasonable offer to come along...for 3 reasons.

1. If I've learned anything from the AT integration, it's this...if you try to negotiate with no leverage, this management will screw you hard and deep and do it with a smile.
2. This pilot group is a clueless and greedy bunch of narcissistic sheeple who don't have a clue how labor/management negotiations are supposed to work.
3. I hate SWAPA.
Self-fulfilling prophecy

A self-fulfilling prophecy is a prediction that directly or indirectly causes itself to become true, by the very terms of the prophecy itself, due to positive feedback between belief and behavior.

Latest resources

Back