Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Possible SWA T.A. pay numbers... Embrace the suck.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So the threats by management of a "plan B" and an "alternate plan" had no influence on how the AirTran pilots voted? It didn't change the outcome. Is that what you're saying?

-----------------------------------------

In that scenario -- which at least one analyst suspects is a negotiating ploy -- Southwest would continue to operate subsidiary AirTran as a separate operation.

"I''m sure that's not what management planned when they acquired AirTran," Hunter Keay, an analyst at Wolfe Trahan & Co. in New York, says to Bloomberg. "It probably is to some degree a negotiating tactic."
I bolded the relevant portions of that article for you. The reason analysts were calling this a negotiating ploy is because of the SWAPA scope clause which is industry leading........perhaps you've heard of it? Section One is pretty unambiguous when it comes to operating another alter ego airline.

A. SCOPE
This Agreement covers all revenue and miscellaneous flying, performed with aircraft owned or leased by the Company, or which displays Company markings, including all flying in and for the service of the Company and its affiliates. All flying covered by this Agreement shall be performed by pilots whose names appear on the Southwest Airlines Master Pilot Seniority List

Last edited:
Agreed. Ratio by category and status would have been the arbitrated outcome.

That is not what happened with the two other groups that went to arbitration. They got a worse deal than what the Airtran pilots got. So please tell my why you think it would have been different than the Mechanics and Flight Attendants who actually went to arbitration vs your imaginary results based on nothing more than the voices in your head?

That is not what happened with the two other groups that went to arbitration. They got a worse deal than what the Airtran pilots got. So please tell my why you think it would have been different than the Mechanics and Flight Attendants who actually went to arbitration vs your imaginary results based on nothing more than the voices in your head?

The other two groups were not pilots. Pilot seniority integrations have an established precedent. Ratio by category and status with only minor tweaks. I have absolutely zero doubt that that's what would have happened in our case, as well.

Wow, another scathing retort obliterating the supposition put forth with finely crafted evidentiary findings.

Wow, look at all them big college words..you must be real smart.

The other two groups were not pilots. Pilot seniority integrations have an established precedent. Ratio by category and status with only minor tweaks. I have absolutely zero doubt that that's what would have happened in our case, as well.

Correct.

Pilot integration is different.

Always has been.

There are factors involved like mandatory retirement age and CA vs FO that other employee groups don't have to consider. A flight attendant is a flight attendant, a mechanic is a mechanic. A pilot is an FO or a CA with a known retirement date. See? Different.

Wow, look at all them big college words..you must be real smart.

Just answer the question is all I ask. You posted an article about Southwest threatening a "plan-B". In that very article two industry analysts described it as a "ploy" and a "negotiating tactic". Do you believe SWA could have carried through with the threat of separate operation discussed in the article without a major violation of SWAPA scope?

-9, So better than DOH...closer to relative...well that would have been an exceptional deal for the AAI guys, especially all the CPs...RSW not so much...so in the world of arbitrated airline mergers it's better to be on the smaller, less profitable and ultimately purchased airline side...-9, you wanted an arbitrated deal because you believed it would net u a higher number on the SWA list...and well for the guys who left AAI for SW and for all the RSW too bad...should have left SW for a smaller, all round crappier airline gig and then hope to get purchased by a bigger, more profitable airline, especially if you can be a CP at the smaller, crappier airline...got it...

Latest resources

Back