POOLIES: News from Jennifer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spoke with Jennifer today

Jennifer told me today that it still looked like it would be an April class for me but it was too soon to tell whether it would be the early or late April class. She said to wxpect to get the word towards the end of March so hopefully the next time I talk to her it will be her calling me instead of the other way around. I was hoping for a late March but it looks like there are a lot of folks going into the March classes that aren't on the pool list. With the number of people going into the Feb classes, I think most of us thought it would keep going but the list stopped shrinking recently. Here's hoping names start being matched with class dates soon!

fellow poolie

Magic I am in the same waiting boat as yourself. When was your interview date, I interviewed Jan 21, and was told sometime after April, possibly May or June. I spoke with Jennifer on Monday 3-4 she said that they were adding classes, so that is great news. If you have heared different please let me know, thx\

MO

SWA update

I spoke with JM today (6 March) and recieved the following. There are two classes tenetivly for May, and I won't be in them. Of course this is not what I wanted to hear. Previously I was told I wouldn't make the April classes and now I am wondering if I won't make June next time I call.:(

BTW I interpret the month you "don't make" as the month you do. I must confess some frustration at the extimates being given to people who interviewed in January. I am sure SWA has a system that is at least somewhat fair ... I just can't feed that to my kids.

So getting back to feeling the LUV ... if you look at our list you'll notice a gap in poolies between 15 Oct and 22 Oct. Add this information to the fact that we tend to pull 2.5 weeks worth of poolies off the list every two weeks and you can see that it is reasonable to predict that the 28 Mar class could go anywhere from Tweetpilot to McC depending on where the end of the 14 Mar class is. Too bad we don't have that data. Magic/Specnut, I am hoping that JM is just holding out on you until next week.

Another interesting tidbit is that the wait for a class HAS been betting shorter (the average wait for the 31 Jan class was 173.39 days and for the 14 Feb class 167.17 days)

I'd rather be wadding for LUV that furloghed anywhere else!

For Auir!

SWA Class???

I spoke with JM on Monday 3/5. She said I would not to be on property till May. I was hoping for the Aprill 11 class, but I guess it comes when it comes. It seems to be around a 6 month wait from pool to class so I guess I'm getting close. She also told me no classes were scheduled after April...

Does anyone have any thoughts about JM's class projection possibly having to do with protecting class slots to any of the stop loss people in the event they get out, before she makes the call to the non-stop loss folks.

JM's estimates

I still hold to my theory: for the average players in this field, JM pads her estiamtes by no less than a month. I asked her today if her estimate was with or without being released from stop loss and the polite non answer I got suggests to me that she has nothing to do/no direct knowledge of these projections. Yes, stop loss ending is going to change the landscape - to not be disappointed I am counting on at least an extra month wait if stop loss does end.

Besides, my tea leaves still say Qxe goes early April ...

Just a quick update spoke with JM moments ago, she welcomed me to the deep end and advised that a formal letter would follow. best geuss at a class date was Mid to Late summer but maybe as early as May. Interviewed on Jan 17, DB on the 20th Feb. Best of Luck to all, See Ya in KDAL.

This is really something!

At least JM is consistently inconsistent.

from Santini:
class date was Mid to Late summer but maybe as early as May

JM would never make it as an artillery spotter. She needs to learn how to refine her "bracket" somewhat.

Don't get me wrong, I think JM's doing her job the way she's been instructed. I'm just trying to keep the humor quotient up.:D

Happy to be here, but can't wait to get there .

On another note:

Good Luck to those waiting on the 13 Mar DB!

Hopefully she is walking the rounds in and not out. It seems Hurry up and Wait never goes away. Just like you Iam Glad to be here cant wait to be there. Best of Luck.
Any other recomendations for study material its been almost 5 years since my Type, have Johns Cards anything else??

737 stuff

Try this site for some generic 737 systems info:

http://www.b737.org.uk/

Can't vouch for the info, wouldn't trust any numbers, but gives an overview of the systems.

Any other info available out there?

Latest resources

Back