Piper Apache

o2deprived

Total Time
500+
I am considering buying a Piper Apache in order to build some multi-engine time and wondered if anyone would know whether a non-high performance aircraft would be a liability in terms of logbook time. The Apache is 150 -160 HP per side. Would an airline look at that time as poor multi-time for the lack of high performance? Thanks.

OtterFO

Flying Again!!!!
Total Time
I've never kept track of hi pro time. Also there are many piston twins out there which don't have more than 200hp per side. Twin Comamche, Siminole, Seneca 1, Apache, Duchess, Cri-Cri, Couger just to name a few.

LR25

Its just a vintage VW
Total Time
Not to rain on a parade but, you have a little ways to go before you need to worry about what kind of time an airline is looking for.

The fact that the apache is twin time is all you really should be focusing on right now if you want to go to the airlines.

When you get a few ME time under you can start to look for a 135 ops that might take you so you can build some more time up.

Sit back and look at the big picture, crawl before walk.

I hope you dont take it the wrong way, been there got the T shirt.

LR25

o2deprived

Total Time
500+
apache

thanks for the input.... Just trying to look long term and possibly get some hours cheap or better yet paid for if I can get something I will be able to lease to my flight school as a low cost multi.

who

Total Time
Thinking PA23-150 also

I am wondering if you can tell me a little bit about your 1957 PA23-150, as I am looking at one as well. You can send me an e-mail if that works for you.

LR25

Its just a vintage VW
Total Time
"O2" and "Who"

A few years ago I was looking into buying an Apache or Geronimo.

I did a few prebuys and research on that particular aircraft, I can supply you with a bunch of info if you would like.

Send a private message if you would like some info. Or respond to this reply.

I am a proffesional A&P. You need to be real careful on Apaches.

Let me know.

LR25