Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle's new staffing strategy. Ingenious!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I happen to know for fact that this is something you just made up.

True story ChickenHead:

Last week, my crew and I are heading to the gate for the overnight city. Crew Scheduling calls and says "change of plans, Pinnacle is at it again. They just canceled a flight from DTW to Lacrosse, WI in which 40 US Solders were trying to get home, we are gonna cover it on our CRJ 200 and swap you with that CRJ 200 flight." We want to try and get these guys and gals home to see their families since Pinnacle can't do it."

Like I said before....wish I was making it up, but I'm not. Next time your at the airport, look at the boards for yourself. 9E has more canceled flights than Spirit!!!!!!:eek:

That's a good one. Never seen a contract written in stone. In case you haven't noticed in this industry, contracts don't mean squat!

Pinnacle is short staffed and Mesaba isn't. Do you know why Mesaba isn't Furloughing right now?

Pinnacle is bidding on Mesaba and pretty soon you will be working for them. Then you will be Phil's bi**h.

Pinnacle is short staffed and Mesaba isn't. Do you know why Mesaba isn't Furloughing right now?

Pinnacle is bidding on Mesaba and pretty soon you will be working for them. Then you will be Phil's bi**h.

Good one.:rolleyes:

True story ChickenHead:

Last week, my crew and I are heading to the gate for the overnight city. Crew Scheduling calls and says "change of plans, Pinnacle is at it again. They just canceled a flight from DTW to Lacrosse, WI in which 40 US Solders were trying to get home, we are gonna cover it on our CRJ 200 and swap you with that CRJ 200 flight." We want to try and get these guys and gals home to see their families since Pinnacle can't do it."

Like I said before....wish I was making it up, but I'm not. Next time your at the airport, look at the boards for yourself. 9E has more canceled flights than Spirit!!!!!!:eek:

What was the flight number and date?

Yes. You are still flying on a p.o.s. sub-par contract with no end in sight getting used and abused on a daily basis creating extra work for Mesaba reserves covering the flying you can't because your staffing level sucks.

That doesn't count chief, we all knew that one. How about one of your predictions that is not the equivalent of the "the sun will rise tomorrow".

They don't tell us the Pinnacle flight number we're covering for. All we know is the Mesaba flight number. As a result of this spare swap, or whatever they're calling it, the whole thing is a mess for the gate and ramp as well, not only the crew. The gate has to totally rebook everyone onto the new flight, reissue boarding passes and the ramp has to find and move all the bags to the new flight. I had it happen last week to me... it all got cobbled together in less than 45 minutes and we left early because everyone busted their butts.

Do you think DL will even notice PCL can't cover their flying? Probably not. They'll probably get more, because their mgmt will tell them they can do it. Who gets screwed? PCL employees again.

Why is anyone denying that other airlines are covering our flights. We can't staff our airline and the place is falling apart. Pinnacle is a joke. It is happening and I have been told by several pilots of them covering our flights.

So proud of my airline.

Why is anyone denying that other airlines are covering our flights. We can't staff our airline and the place is falling apart. Pinnacle is a joke. It is happening and I have been told by several pilots of them covering our flights.

So proud of my airline.

Latest resources

Back