• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle pilots can do better

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys need to shoot this TA down. Remember you will not get another contract for 4-5+ years after this turd is amendable. And you won't be heading off to a major anytime soon. This is your life for the next decade...+ . You have been handed a very crappy TA. This thing should be stellar for how long you have all waited.

I'm going to go out on a limb here.....But asides from the people living in PNCL bases who wanted to get hired there, do you think most people went to PNCL for there industry leading contract? I don't expect much because I know these guys went to a company and decided to work under their prior rules.

So is ALPA "taking it back"..? The only thing ALPA delivers is slogans...
Remind you of someone else? Here is a hint "Hope and Change"

I can't believe the MEC is actually going to put this on the table. What's the signing bonus? How much are the senior guys making out with from their W2's?
Unfortunatly, the senior guys will win and the junior guys will get bent over again. Just remember all that ALPA Franternal Brotherhood crap they spew to you FO's.
While it becomes harder and harder to pay your bills and your QOL life deminishes...your senior captains are making out nicely with a signing bonus. Don't think for one stinkin second that those guys are actually thinking about the good for the most junior FO. they will just say "You're still paying your dues!" ....Thats about it though. You keep paying your dues, for your MEC to bend you over again and again.
After you vote NO on this TA. Vote ALPO off the property.

I'm going to go out on a limb here.....But asides from the people living in PNCL bases who wanted to get hired there, do you think most people went to PNCL for there industry leading contract? I don't expect much because I know these guys went to a company and decided to work under their prior rules.

Most 9E pilots are at their first airline. You don't know words like CDO, highspeed, extend, Junior Man, etc. your first time around (not just talking about streamers, but guys with real prior experience in 91 or 135 operations. You have no idea how "scheduled" and legal to start - legal to finish, and extensions are going to play a more important part in QOL than low pay. Its up to the guys that should know better (senior pilots). Unfortunately it sounds like this TA was reached with an "every one for themselves" metality.

And as for the guys who live in base, that thought flying for this airline made sense, life isn't exactly cherry for them either.

Without knowing the entire last contract and the entire current TA, I can't really say, but it does look like some improvements. That's the problem; some.

There should be more and the pay-scales are laughable considering how long this thing will stick.

The impact of over 60 guys coming back will be worse than you think. I have a buddy at UPS who has really been bent over by that one.

The thing is this turd will be in place just at the time when things will get better, leaving the Pinnacle pilots way behind.

I say, hold out and get something better. You don't need to fall on a self-killing sword like Comair did. Just look at what we did. Don't fly 'broke' airplanes. That really is all it takes. You will have the TA you deserve with just a little more effort and patience.

And then the rest of us will have a better leg to stand on when our time is up. Yes, it's that simple. Rising tides and all the boats ...blah blah blah...but trust me, in the end you will be glad you held out for better.

The Pinnacle pilot group is so darn junior, your costs will still be low by industry standards with a much better contract than this one. Pinnacle can afford to do better by you guys and still be extremely competitive. They know it, and you guys know it, so step up and do yourselves right.

Are you f&^%ing serious?!

No joke. The senior lifers really threw the rest of the pilot group under the bus with this one.

Every section that I see I am more and more amazed. When you have to look hard for improvements to speculate on why I would vote yes if I were still there, it's bad.

Typically with contracts I have to look for easter eggs to figure out why I would vote no. This one is just the opposite...

Latest resources

Back