Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots Turn Down 30% Increase over Five Years And A $3,000 Signing Bonus Per Pilot At

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here ya go...

So 30%...ok lets figure this one out Ben:

4 years to negotiate a contract
5 year contract
4 years to negotiate a new contract after the 5 year one
--
13 YEARS

30% / 13 = 2.3%

The historic inflation average is 3.42% from 1913-present, granted it was 2.7% from 2000-2009...so Ben, what you are saying is you are offering a NEGATIVE .4% raise? Get bent!
I'm pretty sure if I get a 30% raise, from that point on, I am getting 30% more money, but maybe thats just me....

Edit to add - Technically, you are counting retro twice....

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure if I get a 30% raise, from that point on, I am getting 30% more money, but maybe thats just me....

Not if they change your workrules, trip rigs and duty rigs. This is a very big pie we are talking about. Not to mention what if you lose your medical in year 2? You didn't get your 30%, you didn't get the retro pay you were owed and what ever insurance you have to cover your medical will be figured of your current rate. Which won't be the 30%.

Last edited:
Not if they change your workrules, trip rigs and duty rigs. This is a very big pie we are talking about. Not to mention what if you lose your medicalin year 2? You didn't get your 30%, you didn't get the retro pay you were owed and what ever insurance you have to cover your medical will be figured of your current rate. Which won't be the 30%.
Which is why I asked my original question... Did they plan on changing work rules? Was mgmt taking benefits, etc? It's easy to point to company press releases and shout "spin" and "propaganda," but if you really seek support, you need to state your case a little better..... jus sayin...

Which is why I asked my original question... Did they plan on changing work rules? Was mgmt taking benefits, etc? It's easy to point to company press releases and shout "spin" and "propaganda," but if you really seek support, you need to state your case a little better..... jus sayin...

That is why I am saying don't believe a press release put out by mgt minutes after the strike. Furthermore I believe one of the GIANT sticking points is changing the abusive culture and practice by mgt at Spirit.

That is why I am saying don't believe a press release put out by mgt minutes after the strike. Furthermore I believe one of the GIANT sticking points is changing the abusive culture and practice by mgt at Spirit.
Fair enough. It will be interesting to see the details when they come out.

Best of luck to ALL of the Spirit folks...

Spirit's pay on the A319 (evidently the bulk of their fleet) is currently lower than VIRGIN AMERICA.

Lower than USA 3000.

Lower than AirTran.

WAY lower than Frontier, Airways (East) United *and* Allegiant.

And they PALE in comparison to JBLU Airbus pay...and even E190 pay!

r1

I know some of the Spirit pilots - they are all good folks out to do what they love and earn a living. I believe that they were promised a lot when the airline started to expand, and morale was high. Obviously things did not turn out as planned. Before we all start double guessing their decision, remember that we do not know all of the facts as they do. There are always the yeas and nays in the vote, but for the majority to take this action it must have been pretty grim. We won't get any real info as long as they are in negotiations - other than what led them to this perhaps.
I believe that they are not trying to "bring the company to it's knees," but just trying to get a fair shake and similar treatment to that of the other LCC pilots.
Please honor their lines by not crossing them - and hope that this one comes out OK.

Last edited:
The contract needs to be retro-
active to the ammendable date to
be fair.

The $3000 signing bonus
in lieu of retroactive pay is a
complete joke!

The signing bonus should be
closer to $90k, or make the
contract retroactive.

Spirit has some "Young-Gun"
Georgia Attorney that should have