• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots expected to picket Warren Buffett-owned NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No I actually don't think it works at all.

WB loses no sleep over your pickets, if he did you would already have a contract.

You're absolutely wrong. He's incredibly uncomfortable answering questions about netjets, he's bought out all the entire hilton in OMA for next years picket, he's bought out the billboards at LAS for this years poker picket.

Is is just a taste, he's going to be reading his name a lot of places "that he can't control the message", it is juts beginning and we will tarnish his reputation. Which is all he really cares about.

You're absolutely wrong. He's incredibly uncomfortable answering questions about netjets, he's bought out all the entire hilton in OMA for next years picket, he's bought out the billboards at LAS for this years poker picket.

Is is just a taste, he's going to be reading his name a lot of places "that he can't control the message", it is juts beginning and we will tarnish his reputation. Which is all he really cares about.

Correction....somebody who works for WB is doing these things..... Buffet tells someone..." Get these pilots outta here." Some HR/low level manager brainstorms a few ideas.

One thing to go after NJA management, to go after the #1-3 wealthiest people in the world may not be advantageous. He has made a lot of people very wealthy.

Hansell was fired because your current President stabbed him in the back, much like he did to RTS. Not entirely because of a few pickets and a couple of WSJ adds.

Correction....somebody who works for WB is doing these things..... Buffet tells someone..." Get these pilots outta here." Some HR/low level manager brainstorms a few ideas.

One thing to go after NJA management, to go after the #1-3 wealthiest people in the world may not be advantageous. He has made a lot of people very wealthy.

Hansell was fired because your current President stabbed him in the back, much like he did to RTS. Not entirely because of a few pickets and a couple of WSJ adds.

The pickets were enough to get the 2005 contract settled.......which seemed good enough for you to apply to and work for at the time.

The pickets were enough to get the 2005 contract settled.......which seemed good enough for you to apply to and work for at the time.

Bingo...now those that have reaped the benefit of that horrific time, are afraid of attacking the one who really pulls the strings at Netjets?

I'm hoping we are beginning to see the end of the masses willing to cower to the uber wealthy. It's time for a little polite anarchy. Hit them daily with new ads directed right at the oracles smug face.

Now is the time to make historic change, not fear it.

I would exactly brag about the '05 contract... But because you were there prior to '05 I'm sure you were proud of it.. Trust me I heard about it a million times..and how I wasn't there for the "battle".

It was the '05 contract that deterred me from applying for as long as I did.

I wasn't there prior to the 2005 contract being signed either but I am intelligent enough to know that the picketing played a key role in getting that contract done.

Man it sounds like G4 got a new screen name.

Have you been supporting the pickets?

You think JH was fired because of one letter from AJ? That's so cute!

No matter how reviled he was, Netjets was making a lot of money under JH. Granted, it could have been a ton more if he wasn't such an incompetent nincompoop, but profitable nonetheless.

Netjets was hemorrhaging money (at least on paper) during RTS's final days. I doubt a single letter from AJ got him fired either. Possibly it was the last straw, but unlikely to have been the main driver.

Man, if AJ has the power to have people removed with just a letter to WB then we are truly screwed. I writer like that could easily outclass us. I'm not being sarcastic. If he has that much influence over one of the wealthiest, most powerful people on earth with his writing skills, then we're hosed.

But I've been here a long time. The union was the main force behind JH's departure. He was brought in as a union busting attorney and got his final position by default. Under JH the number of unions on property doubled. Pickets started happening and each consecutive picket had more and more participation. Ads in the WSJ came out. Disgruntled clients were "encouraged" to voice their complaints directly to WB. Billboards and other forms of media were employed to highlight our issues. Rather than remain low key and profitable as WB likes his companies to be, we were in the media and his face. We picketed Omaha with almost 500 pilots participating, and as someone who was there I can tell you it was a huge embarrassment for WB. We crapped all over his biggest, most famous party. The first questions he fielded that day from the media and shareholders weren't about BH or his strategy going forward or anything like that, but about what was going on with us. After that picket our union president was asked by the media to come on TV for an interview, which he did and was able to highlight the "misinformation" WB had put out about our jobs and salary. Our union had also written letters to WB about JH.

ALL of that happened under JH's watch! And you think a little letter from AJ was what really got JH removed? Bwahahahaha!

Darn straight our union has power! And you better believe WB does not like what we're doing. We may be just a tiny bug to WB, but even the smallest bugs can create big waves. A spider on a woman's shoulder caused her to jump from her moving car leaving her 9-year-old inside it to crash into a school bus. Google it. Happened in Indiana recently I believe.

AJ's letter writing skills don't mean jack squat.

By the way, picketing and stuff in the media is nice, but it's actually a small part of the pressure we use. The CBA in '05 was primarily brought about by the pilots essentially owning the process. Planes were being written up, AS THEY SHOULD BE, when and where they broke instead of pilots carrying write ups against the FAR's. We insisted in proper rest and nutrition before flight. Rules were followed to the letter (think regulatory oxygen use) which ultimately caused delays. What ultimately brought RTS back to the table for serious negotiating was the fact that the metal wasn't moving and we were losing clients (RTS himself told us we lost 16 full aircraft worth of clients during our efforts). If you think the picketing is what got us the '05 contract you really don't know what went on.

The same will be true today. All our public efforts are just peachy. They DO apply pressure and WB doesn't like it. But until more pilots simply start following all the FAR's and company policies and such to the letter (trust me, those things most definitely do NOT work in the company's favor) we will not get a good contract. The saying "Do nothing illegal, either for or against the company" is what needs be done. If everyone would live it right now we'd have a stellar contract in just a couple more weeks.

But too many people like G4 think outside forces will get it done for us. Well, that's not going to happen.

But your thoughts that AJ is what got JH removed are as far from reality as you can get.

Latest resources

Back