• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots expected to picket Warren Buffett-owned NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah because nj is great at keeping secrets. Both employees returned because they had to bring them back. Too many people involved.

I think the only thing that was really hurt was the wall.

Nothing is irrelevant because if we don't learn from history we are doomed to repeat it. I guess if hansel had done a little more studying his history he would have learned something from Boisture.

Oh well I'm sure he loves running his little office in Columbus. Shame he had to sell that nice house though.

So you don't really have a solid reference for what you know aside from heresy. I can't dispute it because I don't know and I stated I didn't know the first time it came up. Of course you berated me for not knowing even after I said I didn't know.

It is irrelevant unless you think it's happening now. If you agree it's not happening now, then why discuss it?

Agree totally with the history comment. I think back to all the majors that went bankrupt and how concessions had to be made for survival which is why earlier in this thread I agreed your group deserved much more provided it doesn't sink the company. The response I got was we might as well close the doors.

No more questions on my part. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

SG

Looks like the beginning of something more.

9db1567a19b85cb2872aefec42c60832.jpg

For the record, venue means squat, PROFIT is where the CASH is. Let there be zero doubt, at NJA profits are outpacing the majors, and they've paid off $2billion in debt in 5 years.... Hello! That's flying tiny little jets. The majors would be creaming themselves with those kind of profits!

The majority of that $2 billion in debt repayment came from selling the old aircraft out of the fleets. You can't count that as profits any more than you can count the residual value of your car when you sell it as profit.

NJA profits are decent, but pale in comparison to other Berkshire companies.

As I've said before, the pilots deserve a good raise and by all indications from both sides, they will get one.

The leaders of the company are charged with making sure the company will remain profitable in good times and bad, so they have to make decisions that balance the needs of all parties that make the NetJets team.

All this talk about matching airline pay rates is not sustainable for NetJets in the long run. Many on this board conveniently ignore all of the differences between NJ and the airlines when they make those demands.

If AJ and Bill were to agree to such demands, how long would it be until economic reality caught up with NJ, resulting in those two being deposed and NJ being saddled with another accountant or a lawyer as CEO? That's a scenario I frankly don't want to see again.

If you guys can't work with AJ and Bill then who can you work with?

The majority of that $2 billion in debt repayment came from selling the old aircraft out of the fleets. You can't count that as profits any more than you can count the residual value of your car when you sell it as profit.

As I've said before, the pilots deserve a good raise and by all indications from both sides, they will get one.

The leaders of the company are charged with making sure the company will remain profitable in good times and bad, so they have to make decisions that balance the needs of all parties that make the NetJets team.

All this talk about matching airline pay rates is not sustainable for NetJets in the long run. Many on this board conveniently ignore all of the differences between NJ and the airlines when they make those demands.

If AJ and Bill were to agree to such demands, how long would it be until economic reality caught up with NJ, resulting in those two being deposed and NJ being saddled with another accountant or a lawyer as CEO? That's a scenario I frankly don't want to see again.

Good to see the spin machine is back up and running.

You could give the pilots a 200 percent raise on the waste here alone.

Oh no the sky is falling don't ask for too much you're going Netjets will never be able to pay for it.

All crap we heard during the last contract. You know you're getting close when the drums are getting louder.

A gallon of gas is $3. A tire is $150. A loaf of bread is $5. A Citation XL is $9,000,000. A NetJets pilot is $XX0,000 a year.

It's just how much stuff costs. Get ready to pay up.

I think they can work with Delta, United, Southwest, Fedex, UPS....

I wasn't blaming anyone for anything. You almost make it sound like airplanes break more often when morale is low.

Huh...imagine that.

Thanks for being candid and helping me understand. The only follow up I have is your statement about how owners can afford it, so they should pay up. Should a restaurant charge its customers based on their ability to pay? If you and I go in there, should you get charged more than me for the same plate?

Your argument is here is poorly thought out and fundamentally flawed. Restaurants, like most businesses, can't charge different customers different prices for the same product...that's asinine in addition to illegal, and in no way an accurate representation of the discussion here.

However, if a wealthy individual CHOOSES to patronize a very high-end restaurant that he can afford, then that is his choice and he receives the quality product being offered at THAT price. The McDonald's crowd never sees that restaurant because they can't afford it. This is how our economy functions everyday and there is no inter-mingling of prices based on income for the same product, as you suggested.

Yet, somehow, the very high-end restaurants seem to survive and even thrive based on their ability to cater that particular economic demographic. So, to answer your question, yes businesses do charge their customers (all of their customers) based on their ability to pay. Those customers (our customers) CAN afford it and will pay up...that's how the economy works. Now you know.

The majority of that $2 billion in debt repayment came from selling the old aircraft out of the fleets.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Seriously, even for FI, this statement couldn't possibly be more flagrantly wrong. You need to do a little research on the resale value of beat up Citations and GIV's.

All this talk about matching airline pay rates is not sustainable for NetJets in the long run.

Bases on your track record for well though out and researched arguments, I'm going to take a wild guess that you can't begin to substantiate this one either. I know it sounds crazy...I just had a hunch.

Latest resources

Back