• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots expected to picket Warren Buffett-owned NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If the going rate in the McDs industry is .07 and I'm paying .09, sure I might be willing to go .11, but not at the risk of shutting down. At this point, I don't think think any of us know how far apart the two groups are. Maybe they're in the same neighborhood. The idea I get reading some of these posts are that "we have a demand, and there is no negotiation room".

Just because the person in the back is wealthy, doesn't mean anything. I still think the 737 pilot is generating more revenue day to day than you do. You likely work harder and have the same ratings with more responsibilities, but the business models are different. I'll bet our maintenance costs are higher. Our utilization rate (owner vs ferry) legs is much lower. We cover those costs. Maybe you're right and the business model doesn't work. In my mind, I'd take my reasonable paycheck with career stability rather than force the best contract in the industry only to have the Obama economy catch up to us and lose my job in 3 years.

I'm not saying your opinion is wrong nor am I saying you're not worth it. I just don't understand the "id rather not have a job" ideology.

300 was a number I threw out there. I have no idea what the number is.

I haven't seen any propaganda shaming anyone. There was an email recently saying talks continue beyond the 90 day window with regards to financials, but I didn't perceive it as bashing the union.

SG

That 737 may or may not be generating more revenue for the company than my Citation. One fact is that I operate that Citation in the same airspace under similar procedures using an identical skill set as the 737 pilot.

If my pay is not commensurate with the 737 pilot I will take my services elsewhere. So will about half of the NJA seniority list (based on what I'm hearing on the road). Think the ogre can keep this thing afloat 1000 or so pilots short?

Pay up or we're gone. There is a time limit and the clock is ticking.

That 737 may or may not be generating more revenue for the company than my Citation. One fact is that I operate that Citation in the same airspace under similar procedures using an identical skill set as the 737 pilot.

If my pay is not commensurate with the 737 pilot I will take my services elsewhere. So will about half of the NJA seniority list (based on what I'm hearing on the road). Think the ogre can keep this thing afloat 1000 or so pilots short?

Pay up or we're gone. There is a time limit and the clock is ticking.

You want airline-like pay...ok, we get it. Are most airline pilots paid by flight hours with some sort of minimum guarantee? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the union say they were unwilling to base pay on flight hours? Was is the concept of per hour pay or the wage to be paid for said hours that was the issue? If it's the former, did your union just break the link to airline payscale comparison by refusing to take airline-like pay by hour?

You want airline-like pay...ok, we get it. Are most airline pilots paid by flight hours with some sort of minimum guarantee? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the union say they were unwilling to base pay on flight hours? Was is the concept of per hour pay or the wage to be paid for said hours that was the issue? If it's the former, did your union just break the link to airline payscale comparison by refusing to take airline-like pay by hour?

That wouldn't work. We have several guys that barely make 100 hours per year because they have such bad luck with "broken" airplanes. I think the record one year was 68 hours or something.

SG

That wouldn't work. We have several guys that barely make 100 hours per year because they have such bad luck with "broken" airplanes. I think the record one year was 68 hours or something.

SG

"Broken" airplanes?

Even thou I work for another fractional, getting paid by the flight hour won't work. The pilots don't control the scheduling which can lead to favoritism/kickbacks to the schedulers. The least I flew was just over 200 hours in 184 days. Sometimes you sit on a plane that's down for routine maintenance but having a crew sit with the plane checks off a box somewhere.

Even thou I work for another fractional, getting paid by the flight hour won't work. The pilots don't control the scheduling which can lead to favoritism/kickbacks to the schedulers. The least I flew was just over 200 hours in 184 days. Sometimes you sit on a plane that's down for routine maintenance but having a crew sit with the plane checks off a box somewhere.

Wait, are you saying that on demand versus commercial is apples and oranges?

SG

And scheduling kickbacks don't happen at our brand. If anyone is going to say otherwise, you have 3 avenues to report it.

SG

Latest resources

Back