• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots and their guitars

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Serious question, what's the deal with pilots bringing their ax with them to work? Are you practicing for a second career? Afraid you will forget how to play? Want to be a wandering minstrel and charm female admirers at the Holiday Inn in Flint?

Tried guitar lessons and couldn't cut it eh? Takes a lot of practice, a lot, so they're using their long hours in a hotel for productive purposes. If you played you'd get it, but you don't so f%#k off! :angryfire

Tried guitar lessons and couldn't cut it eh? Takes a lot of practice, a lot, so they're using their long hours in a hotel for productive purposes. If you played you'd get it, but you don't so f%#k off! :angryfire

So true, ever since I got booed by the computer audience while playing Guitar Hero I've been angry and bitter at all those cool guitar playing airline pilots. Oh well, I guess I will just stick to bringing my tuba on overnights......

Duncan Cameron doesn't need to practice. He is a real guitar hero. Went straight from the stage to my new hire class. Good dude.

"Now look at them yo-yo's that's the way you do it
You play the guitar on the MTV
That ain't workin' that's the way you do it
Money for nothin' and your chicks for free"

I barely have the energy to carry my two bags, let alone something as fragile and cumbersome as a guitar.

Latest resources

Back