• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots AE@LGA and ComAir@JFK - Q's.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Also, 8 year upgrade vs 4 yrs at Comair....no thanks Eagle.

What are you smoking? I've been here four and a half years and there is still no upgrade in sight. Besides, upgrading here means being thrown back into reserve hell...for years!! This place is a poorly run operation that stems from being managed by northern Kentucky hicks. Oh, and living in Cincinnati was an absolute nightmare. Seriously, look at Eagle!

LGA FO is, infact, one of the top 3 senior FO positions at AE (behind LAX/EMJ -- and virtually even in seniority with DFW/EMJ). If you live within an hour drive, daytrips are not bad at all.

Actually I live about 30 min. from LGA.

What are you smoking? I've been here four and a half years and there is still no upgrade in sight. Besides, upgrading here means being thrown back into reserve hell...for years!! This place is a poorly run operation that stems from being managed by northern Kentucky hicks. Oh, and living in Cincinnati was an absolute nightmare. Seriously, look at Eagle!

All I've been hearing from Captains in the training department is that a LOT of upgrades are about to begin. I was hired in December 2006 and am hoping for a 3 year upgrade. Not sure why living in Cincinnati is so bad??...I'm enjoying living in Hyde Park (25 min from employee parking), was paid 87 hours last month on reserve, and have weekends off. Cincinnati is a great city, too. I agree with everyone who has said commuting tends to make people progressively more negative. It's true.

I'm based in JFK and I'm a more senior lineholder, I usually fly about 85 hours a month or so, but usually get paid anywhere from 90-100 hours a month. Reserve is not to long there, but I expect things to slow down a bit as the staffing is getting to where it is supposed to be. Moneywise I usually clear about $3,000 a month AFTER taxes.

All I've been hearing from Captains in the training department is that a LOT of upgrades are about to begin. I was hired in December 2006 and am hoping for a 3 year upgrade. Not sure why living in Cincinnati is so bad??...I'm enjoying living in Hyde Park (25 min from employee parking), was paid 87 hours last month on reserve, and have weekends off. Cincinnati is a great city, too. I agree with everyone who has said commuting tends to make people progressively more negative. It's true.

Ahhh, training rumors. well, who knows? Soaper says we're overstaffed, although every pilot will tell you different. I hope you get a 3-year upgrade (i'm closing in on 5 years and my upgrade was canceled earlier this year) but it won't be in CVG. Enjoy living in base while you can, if you want the earliest upgrade, you'll be fighting your way to JFK, commuting on reserve...

Hi all,

I have few q's for you guys, both AE FO's based at LGA and ComAir FO's based at JFK:

- how many hours a month you fly, on reserve and as line holder? (average)
- how long is reserve at both bases now days?
- what is you pay check like a month? (average),
including everything.

Thanks.

For AE LGA base, the lines have a lot of day trips, so if you live close and want to be at home instead of a random hotel you should think about AE. Reserve lines have 11 days off, and the guys in LGA are flying about 50-65hrs/mo on reserve.

I'm amazed that you got paid for more than 75 hours guaranteed. It seems that crew planning /scheduling know how to keep me at 74.99 hours each month on reserve. I'm heading to JFK in OCT/NOV when they close the GSO and MCO bases. I still don't see upgrading in less that four years and I've been here over a year now. I hope what you're saying is somewhat true.

Latest resources

Back