• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Piedmont Hiring!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Piedmont is a great place to be but if you are also interested Allegheny is also starting to hire again possibly in Dec and Jan. We are in the process of getting more aircraft and new routes (old USAir routes). Also there is a rumor that upgrades are going to start again with a big class in Jan. Our work rules and pay are very similar to Piedmonts but our bases are not as nice, Syracuse NY for example. Pigs will fly here before mainline MEC allows us to fly jets. Like everyone says the Dash is a great airplane, it has an autopilot, APU, and a coke machine with legs.

Piedmont address

Hey Dashdriver, would you mind fwding piedmont's address or pax # to me please.

safe flying and may the tail win Gods be with ya.

Contacting Piedmont

You can get all of the info you need at www.piedmont-airlines.com in the corperate section. Send resume to Robert "Bob" Trout. He is the corperate recruiter. They like to see a four year degree, especially if you are from UND or Purdue. Time for hiring is going to range on the type of experiance you have. 100 multi was the golden number before the attacks. it might be higher now. They have been known to trade lower multi for higher total. But anything could happen. I got a class date with 575 total and 109 multi.

Actual IFR

According to Piedmont's website, they require 125 Actual IFR; and PSA rquires 100.

How strict are they at that minimum? I think that it's hard to get that time, especially flying in Florida. I have over 1200 hours and try to fly as often as I can under actual, but still I only have under 50 hours actual. I have a lot of hood time and FTD time, though.

Actual IFR

I know this is a Piedmont thread but..

To answer MasterFly's question about actual IFR time. At PSA I was hired with less actual than you have and about 100 hours of instrument time (actual and hood). They would prefer 100 actual but they will take other experiences into account.

Where I come from actual IFR is really hard to come by so I feel your pain.

Skeezer

Last edited:
Actual

At Piedmonts site along with all others they put what they would idealy like to see. In all reason they have no chance on getting it. I was hired with about 45-50 actual. They do like to see instrument experiance though and will take sim and hood time as subs. I did here today that if you are furloughed they want to see proof of resignation from former company before you start class.

In my class (albeit 9 months ago), we had alot of variety in times, a few had more than minimums, but most had less. PDT looks at the quality of time versus the total time. This I believe was an actual quote from Bob Trout. Just because you may be less in one area does not disqualify you. Disqualifiers are more likely no formal education or sporadic flying. Your resume show commitment and meets some of the requirement you have a good shot at an interview.

Too add... IN my interview group, the comment made was they get 75 plus resumes a week, from that they take the top 10% they "FEEL" can complete the program and offer an interview. So if you are offered an interview you have already passed one of the biggest hurdles, the next will be the psych test.

Good luck regardless and go for the interview...

TO Piedmont employees:

Can anyone give me an average time from resume submit, to interview date , to class date?

thanks. :D

Latest resources

Back