Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would have to!

RightBettor,
I would have gone to Southwest as well. I think they are the smartest company out there and you will never worry about loosing your job. Do you know if they mail out the bad news letters for every one the same day? I have heard of people already getting letters. I live here in Dallas and haven't heard any thing yet. I would have thought that I would have gotten a letter first.

Keeping the faith!

DalLearDriver

SSN? it could be.

Hey Dalleardriver,

It does sound like you have something there. My last two are 40 and I was called on Monday the 25th.

I wonder if thats how they prioritize seniority in class, by SSN or age?

Good luck

I know they go by age as far as seniority goes. The old man in class gets to carry a cain till the next class starts and the baby carries a rattle.
I wonder if I should call JM or just wait till next week. I figure that if I don't get a letter today maybe I'm safe. I haven't been able to sleep very well this week. LOL.

Seniority...

Seniority is by age at SWA. At UAL it was by SSN (last four).

As far as not getting anything in the mail... my guess is that is a good thing. Keep your money on the front line and take full odds.:D I feel a winning roll coming on!!

Regards,
RightBettor

A possible wrench in the theory

My DB was Feb 20th and I was called Feb 22nd. The last 2#s are 77.

Seems to blow a hole in the SS theory??

The "Good" Letter

Just got the "good" letter in the mail today.

You know, it's crazy, but even after getting the call from JM last week and celebrating since then, I was still apprehensive when I saw the "SWA" logo on the envelope (maybe cause that's becasue I've gotten the "bad" letter twice before from SWA).

Anyway, for those still waiting, hang in there.

Best of luck!

Oh yeah, it was dated 22 Feb and postmarked 25 Feb. Mailed to me in NC.

"Good Letter"

Hey InHot
I saw your post about getting the good letter, have you by chance already done your drug test? If so did Jennifer call you a couple days later saying the test went well so more info is being sent to you? Sorry about all the questions I went for the drug test and haven't seen the good letter yet! But it has only been two days.
Best of luck in the pool I should be diving in soon.

MO

Another Wrench

Feb 20th DB, called Feb 22 by JM, last two SSN digits 93.

Drug Tests

EFC-IN-5,

I did the drug test about two weeks prior to the board. When I spoke with JM she told me that everything was in for me and I was in the pool.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back