• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pentagon to triple the number of drones

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congrats, you're citing the press as your sole source of education. Wow.
Is the press not a valid source of information in our free society? Don't you defend the Constitution including a free press?

Are you saying these reports are false? Clarify truth here for me.

Here's a headline for you... every news paper in the world on 9/12/2001.

You are suggesting that the killing of civilians on 9/11 was wrong, so therefore the killing of Afghan, Pakistani and Iraq civilians (arguable more than on 9/11) is right?

Show proof of this statement" so therefore the killing of Afghan, Pakistani and Iraq civilians (arguable more than on 9/11) is right?"

Show me the numbers of civilians that have been killed by UAV attacks that exceed those killed on 9/11. You are big on "facts" so I am sure you will be able to provide some.

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/blog...Post:3d766962-9a07-4949-9909-05fde309416f&plc

http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=25936

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0IBP/is_12_46/ai_95791152/

I would also recommend some youtube vids of UAV's whacking dudes about to kill Americans or coalition forces. Then there are the ones where they thump insurgents getting ready to kill not only NATO forces..but civilians as well.

It is much easier for someone of your questionable character to continually point out and highlight tragic mistakes and ignore successes....again, your disdain for the military is noted. DB.

Show proof of this statement" so therefore the killing of Afghan, Pakistani and Iraq civilians (arguable more than on 9/11) is right?"

Show me the numbers of civilians that have been killed by UAV attacks that exceed those killed on 9/11. You are big on "facts" so I am sure you will be able to provide some.

Not specifically drone attacks, however do you dispute that we have killed more civilians in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan than were killed on 9/11.

Regardless, we've killed innocent by standers. JOSC has a policy ... if they find a target and there are say 15 other people there... 16 are going to get killed.....

Well... let's take it out a bit more... have any civilians been killed by US forces? And if so, is it justified. If so, how is it justified. Or is this something we just don't talk about?

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/blog...Post:3d766962-9a07-4949-9909-05fde309416f&plc

http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=25936

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0IBP/is_12_46/ai_95791152/

I would also recommend some youtube vids of UAV's whacking dudes about to kill Americans or coalition forces. Then there are the ones where they thump insurgents getting ready to kill not only NATO forces..but civilians as well.

It is much easier for someone of your questionable character to continually point out and highlight tragic mistakes and ignore successes....again, your disdain for the military is noted. DB.
what is the point of UAVs over haiti? That humanitarian and other UAV flights trumps killing innocent civilians? You can't award yourself the benefits and discard the responsbility...

So we don't question.... questionable acts by our own govt? How do we self correct? How do we ensure that what we are doing is proper and moral?.... if we never question......

Last edited:
Regardless, we've killed innocent by standers. JOSC has a policy ... if they find a target and there are say 15 other people there... 16 are going to get killed.....

Are you F'ing kidding me? Where the hell do you get your information. Holy hell you are stupid. Having just gotten back from Afghanistan (again) I'm intimately familiar with the ROE, as well I spent some time at the CAOC and again am very familiar with the decision making process when it comes to kinetic activities and your statements couldn't POSSIBLY be any further from the truth. Wow your mother should slap you

Tell that to the families of countless soldiers who have been killed because of the stringent ROE we must follow. Tell that to Marcus Luttrell who lost his whole seal team and nearly died himself due to following the rules and conscience (although he disagreed with the decision). Also don't forget the sixteen guys killed, when their helicopter was shot down trying to rescue Luttrell.

No news channels ever talk about the times when our military does the right thing which, in turn, gets our people killed. In war, sometimes the wrong people get killed which is a tragedy. But to talk like we don't do everything we can to avoid this, is complete ignorance. So why don't you just stick to talking about the 121 world where you actually know what you're talking about.

It seems the news only shows the stories of the bad and never the good. It's amazing that most Americans don't even know that there have been 6 MOH recipients in the current war. Instead we get to hear about Tiger Woods banging ever chick he can or what the latest is on the Jersey Shore. No wonder the current generation of kids are so screwed up....these are their role models!

Last edited:
JOSC has a policy ... if they find a target and there are say 15 other people there... 16 are going to get killed.....

Who is JOSC, and when did he tell you his policy?? Also, I'm sure you consider AQ and TB to be innocent civilians...Thankfully, you have no part in national security (other than consistently exercising your 1st amendment right to bash people who do). I'm just glad that we live in a country where someone like you doesn't have the right to keep me from speaking what I think.

That requires a discussion of the ROE that we can't go into here. But the answer is a resounding no. We go to extreme measures to ensure civilian safety before kinetic activity. Stop believing everything you read in the press. Regardless of what you believe, they have their own agenda.

Latest resources

Back