• Friendliest aviation community on the web

olympus593

OCTOBER 22, 2007
USAIRWAYS IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS TO FILL THE 100
POSITIONS BEING OFFERED TO PIEDMONT PILOTS IN 2008. IF YOU
ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR EMPLOYMENT AT THE USAIRWAYS,
PLEASE COMPLETE AN ON-LINE APPLICATION VIA THE CAREERS LINK
ON THE USAIRWAYS WEBSITE.

Hey guy's I'm trying to decide if I should fill up the application and try to go or stay here at pissmont, I'm on the fence, what is everybody else doing? Go or stay.

has anyone heard what the interview is like? we shouldn't even have to interview... just get a call "do you want the next class date or not?"

OCTOBER 22, 2007
USAIRWAYS IS NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS TO FILL THE 100
POSITIONS BEING OFFERED TO PIEDMONT PILOTS IN 2008. IF YOU
ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR EMPLOYMENT AT THE USAIRWAYS,
PLEASE COMPLETE AN ON-LINE APPLICATION VIA THE CAREERS LINK
ON THE USAIRWAYS WEBSITE.

Hey guy's I'm trying to decide if I should fill up the application and try to go or stay here at pissmont, I'm on the fence, what is everybody else doing? Go or stay.

Come on now, it is time to leave your comfort zone. I know you like being below 10,000 ft most of the time, but there is a whole other world out there, away from the SE or the NE. You can see new things, maybe even new countries, IF YOU LEAVE PDT. If you have enough PIC and you feel comfortable about actually leaving a place like New Bern, then I would go for it. Yes, you will be an FO again, but on a shiny new jet, and you will fly to places you have never heard of before, like San Juan, or Cal-ifor-nia.

I say go for it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Trying to ruffle WSurf's feathers are ya?
Lee has tried many times only to have his plans backfire! Don't worry Lee and I have a weird respect for each other.

You would be dumb not to go. However if we get our LTP Rates in order and new airplanes I see more people willing to stay.

Why?

Making over 100 Grand flying a turboprop and being home based with 4 vaction slots isn't bad. Plus we are one of the few regionals that has a retirement plan. Plus, I for one don't need to fly a big jet to boost my ego like some people (Lee are you overcompensating for something). Plus many don't care where the hell they fly too. Sure flying to a different city would be cool for about a couple of months (and I am sure theres a bunch of cities you can't even go walk alone without getting mugged), but what the hell does that matter. Your gonna be away from home and that sucks anyway. Lee, once you have your first child you will have a new outlook on many of these issue. Being away from home and leaving your wife a kid sucks, no matter what you fly and to what city that it is. Plus your posting on FI will drop tremendously.

So, if a order of Q400's come our way I say some like me would maybe not take it. Other then that you need to go over.

Last edited:
Surf has a point... If I could live at home and make that kind of dough I might do it too. It depends on where you are in life and how much you want to upset the apple cart going into a new job.

...And if you have a family health insurance at mainline is ecks-pens-heeev! Not to mention you lose it for six months when you get hired.

Wait one second here... Surf? Where the hell are the exclamation points? It just doesn't seem like one of your posts without them.

Latest resources

Back