PDT news?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

epic!

Whats the story on Piedmont now a days? There hasnt been too much talk about them on here recently. Just trying to get a little bit of info. Thanks

Whats the story on Piedmont now a days? There hasnt been too much talk about them on here recently. Just trying to get a little bit of info. Thanks

No change really at all. We are like the cock roach of the Regional Airline industry. Even if the industry experiences a nuclear blast this airline will still by flying around.

Kidding aside, we are like most Airlines right now. People are in the bunkers trying to ride out the fuel storm (and no better airplane to ride it out on but the Dash 8).
We are still having upgrade class's but many feel this next one will be the last for the year.

We are still hiring, and rumors are we are always looking to aquire more used Dash 8's. But nothing as of yet.

I just sent a resume into Bob Trout for a friend of mine. "They are currently not interviewing, there are 35 in the hiring pool. They are fully staffed, and attrition is near zero." Quite a change from a year ago! I think their idea of fully staffed is a little different from most airlines though. Personally, I don't think they were ever looking into new airplanes. Either new ones, SAS "broken" 400's, or Horizon's 200's. Good news is not allowed to be released @ PDT.

Personally, I don't think they were ever looking into new airplanes. Either new ones, SAS "broken" 400's, or Horizon's 200's. Good news is not allowed to be released @ PDT.

I think they were looking at new (old used) planes, but the sellers laughed at US Airway's offers.

From the mouths of a training guy and a CP guy today, no new spending at all, anywhere in the USair family. They even froze the 8 grand for the lga crew room whitewash...

SAS and horizon birds are supposedly all gone and we bid too low for them anyways. The only way we will see -200's is if they let us take over mesa's flying if/when they belly up. We will never see -400's unless there is a dramatic industry turn around (or monkey's abandon the sand castle). -300's are a ripoff. The mystery -100 rumor still seems slightly plausible.

They are still Junior manning captains a lot and training says they are still short there. We are picking up a bit of colgan flying in September. There will be veeeery few in training in Aug and only the 6 upgrades in Sep. My guess is 1-2 more small upgrade classes before -09. Especially if we find those 2 -100's in storage!

Course this all hearsay and conjecture...

Latest resources

Back