PDT news CLT 5/22

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

olympus593

Or lack of news, I was there for the town hall meting with Doug Parker.

Q: what the fleet plans for PDT? A: "The fleet will stay the same" "we are NOT in negotiations with any manufacturers about buying any new airplane” (ATR or Bombardier).

The 20 newhire seating there will probably be leaving very soon...
Sad, sad, sad, even the training Department seem to have had enough…

Last edited:

Q: what the fleet plans for PDT? The fleet will stay the same, "we are NOT in negotiations with any manufacturers” (ATR or Bombardier).

At least he was honest, instead of blowing sunshine and spouting management nonspeak, like "we are still exploring how best to proceed with piedmont", giving potentially false hope to hem attrition, while lying to the face of his employees. Sure beats a bold face lie.

Yeah it suck but don't take my word for it, it should be available on the hub soon, watch it for yourself...also on a side note JF said something about the flowthru, that was not even answered, and the best part from Parker sidekick, "Yeah thoses...Q... what do they call them? Yeah 400'S" You got that right WTF???

i feel bad for a couple of my friends over there that were "just waiting to see what happens" now they know. not a damn thing

well after talking to a few of our alpa pilots, there may be some more relevant news out of DC in the next couple of days. Course they were pissed they'll probably get sidetracked by mainline's sH!tstorm going on down there... Oh and a check airmen sounded convinced new the ATR's are coming our way... All of course heresay, heresay, frigging heresay.

ooooo, and of course there's the ever popular "we're getting Aloha's (?) -400 order and we're going to open a Pheonix base".... Now THAT is a juicy one...

This doesn't surprise me! Parkers ability to handle a speeding car while intoxicated seems to be the only thing he can do good!

CLT Hub is going to Hell! Now being called the Hill Billy Philly! PSA has been having pilots leaving left and right! I couldn't count on how many cx'ed flights they had last sunday! (Now PSA is Parking 2 birds due to crews)
PDT can find anyone to come here let alone stay, and the planes we have flying are some of the oldest in the nation, and love to hose our pax down with nice ole' SkyDrol!!

We are limping horse that needs to have our brains blown out!

Never thought CLT would go to hell like it has!!! Sad!

the planes we have flying are some of the oldest in the nation

Now thats just hyperbole. The -300 are under 15 years old and the oldest dashes are just over 20 years old, ever heard of a DC-9? I may buy the oldest turboprops (non 3rd world) flying, but when it comes down to it its all about the mx and keeping the cabin clean and updated.

CB

Latest resources

Back