PDT Base Closures

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OPECJet said:
Well, she thinks that the FLO hotel is nice, so that automatically makes her trailer trash.. Either that or she used to be a hooker.

I laughed so hard I had a small stroke. Medical, here I come!

Glad I could brighten your day a bit.

Thank you drive through....

Sorry us AWAC guys took ORF from you PDT fellas. If it was up to me I give ORF back to ya.

Yeah,
Many of the pilots here (including myself) REALLY wanted to sell our houses, move our families, and start over again in some domicile half way across the country. Blame your management, our management, whoever...but don't blame the pilots. We didn't vote on it. We had no say. To the immature PDT pilots who are denying the jumpseats and calling us names on frequency.... I hope you enjoy it. I don't know of any Air Wisconsin pilot who would be so unprofessional. For the PDT pilots who have always been gracious, I thank you for realizing what reality is. You can have ORF back. I'll go back to ATW.

AWACoff said:
Yeah,
Many of the pilots here (including myself) REALLY wanted to sell our houses, move our families, and start over again in some domicile half way across the country. Blame your management, our management, whoever...but don't blame the pilots. We didn't vote on it. We had no say. To the immature PDT pilots who are denying the jumpseats and calling us names on frequency.... I hope you enjoy it. I don't know of any Air Wisconsin pilot who would be so unprofessional. For the PDT pilots who have always been gracious, I thank you for realizing what reality is. You can have ORF back. I'll go back to ATW.

Yea, we don't need to mouth off at each other for sure! Both airlines have had there lives ripped apart!! AirWilly guys are always more then welcomed in my plane! Good luck to all of us!

Most of the PDT guys don't know the reasons for Air Willy flying for US now. They see you guys as another contract carrier that has come in and taken flying that PDT was previously doing. Very few of us know the reason behind it, other than the investment in US.

AWACoff,

Im sorry to hear that some of our PDT guys are acting like little highschoolers, tossing insults around over the radio. They are definately not in the majority. But to say that a wisky pilot couldnt or wouldnt be so unprofessional is kind of a stretch. I'm sure theres a few over there. There are going to be pilots like this at every single carrier on the face of the planet. And most of the folks here realize that the loss of ORF isnt the pilots doing, just another one of those mysterious management actions.

I had a nice jumpseat experience coming out of ATL a while back on you guys, some nice wisky guys had to put on 400lbs of magazienes to get my skinny butt on the jumpseat.

AWACoff said:
To the immature PDT pilots who are denying the jumpseats and calling us names on frequency.... I hope you enjoy it.

Pretty serious allegation, AWAC- who's denying whom a jumpseat and when? That's wrong as he!! if it's true.

I've had a good ole "F6<k you, piedmont" in CLT from some kid on the stretched out welfare wagon as I made my way to spot 2, but the kid was showing off- he could push the button and talk at the same time. Underqualified and overpaid desert rats... But I've never heard of static between AWAC and us. That's stupid. Anyone hanging around in the PHL crew room certainly notices a difference between the kind of folks you run into there.

I'm personally upset about the idiot manager at SWF that thinks a 300 has fewer seats than a 50 seat RJ... but that's not AWAC's fault.

Last edited:
I think everybody is pleased that a REALIABLE carrier like Air Wisconsin is joining the Airways fleet. I know they wern't happy about the move, but They are a great group of guys and the majority of us don't have anything against them. Personaly I like their track record a lot better than the former carrier that did MSP to PHL!!!

On chief pilot's page:

anticipated staffing:

#pilots #lines
25 PIC CHO DASH 8 18
21 PIC EWN DASH 8 15
32 PIC LGA DASH 8 23
46 PIC MDT DASH 8 32
42 PIC ROA DASH 8 32
42 PIC SBY DASH 8 32
30 PIC SYR DASH 8 23
26 SIC CHO DASH 8 18
20 SIC EWN DASH 8 15