• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pay farce, smarsh HAHAHAHAH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, but wait. That $118 only kicks in after 12.1 hours/tour at NJ. So, if I flew 500 hours over 24( 26-2 weeks vaca) average per 8 day tour that means an extra 33k/year? Is that right??

26 -2 vacation (yrs 1-5) less 2 more for training.
So year 1-5 figure on 22 tours a year 7n7.

The FDP pay will vary a lot. Shorter or longer tours, number of AOG's in a tour, fatigues, how busy the schedule is, fleet type, etc... will determine how much extra is made in a tour. There'll definitely be big money tours, but also tours with nothing extra. Even in a fleet like the 350, I don't know if I'd count on an extra $25-$30K each year.

But maybe it doesn't matter. Any extra is great. Some tours will definitely crush it. This tour, between normal hourly O/T, FDP pay, night pay and holiday pay I'm on track to make an extra $4K, maybe a bit more, and that's with two days of tentative where we didn't fly during a 7-day tour.

That's extra on just ONE tour, and for not doing anything beyond what I normally do. I'll have tours where I go home with nothing extra, so it'll all balance out over the year. My personal prediction is an extra $18K over the year in FDP pay (that doesn't include regular hourly O/T or holidays). That's still a pretty decent raise without having to do any extra work. And if I get even a slightly better QOL on the road as a result of this IBB, all the better!

Let me know when KR does something like that. I know he really cares about his pilots. ????

I’m not one to normally post these numbers, but since this is de-identified.

Last two years on “small cabin” (maxed out longevity) on the 72 day, sold back 4 sickdays each year, my end of year W2 was 239k and 242k at NJA. Zero extended days two years ago and 2 extended days in 2018. Used all 4 vacations and burned all 7 days of PTO time. Couple actual sick days each year.

With the COLA rise this month next year would be upper 240s before the new Flight Duty Pay. I’m not spending any of it but it should add at least 15k minimum pushing next year W2 over 260k if I stay on the 72 day (18 days per month) all year (which I don’t plan on doing).

Next year doesn’t count the additional 30k signing bonus.

I don’t post this to brag.....I post this to show the anti union guys how they really screwed them and the rest of the industry over. Your decert and lower wages are a real issue for us moving forward. It’s part of the reason we signed this 5-8 year deal last month.....to avoid having your wages in our “industry” used against us. It used to be “we are all in this together”....not anymore.

Last edited:
13 year first officer on challenger 350, 7 on 7 off schedule. Flew 24 hours this tour, 24 - 12.1 = $1,404. FDPP.
$110,000. base ÷ 26 = $4,230 + $1,404 = $5,634. this payday. If that stays the average, should pull in $146,000. this year on 7 on 7 off schedule.

$100. a month Union dues well invested.

Last edited:
At Flex, there is about 60 Phenom 300 CAs. The junior CA is a 2001 hire. They are promising 5% of the senior Phenom pilots will be getting a raise up to CL-300 pay of 130,000 per quarter. This is for an 8/7 fixed schedule. So, instead of just the senior pilots getting a raise, lets figure all 60 will be getting a the raise. 60 X 5%=3 per quarter. At that rate it will take 5 years for him to get a raise.

In response to the PM. Current pay on the 8/7 fixed schedule is $113500 before any bonus or per diem. There are approximately 60 pilots that will get a raise before he does. His hire date is 11/2001.

The upgrades continue at NJA, around 8 per month. The jr capt is a Jan 2006 hire date, if that 8 per month continues my seniority number will hold capt in 6 more months, pay will go to $197000 but will be on the 18 day per month schedule. Once off the train schedule and back to 7/7 schedule my pay will decrease to $172000, but this is base pay, should get at least 10-15 thousan more with the new pilot duty pay. If one chooses to stay on the 18 day schedule than it would remain the higher pay, 14 year capt on the 18 day pay is $204000 but you work a 6 on 4 off type schedule, not enough time off to me, but should gross around $220-230000.

Latest resources

Back