• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gutshotdraw

ZERT Wilson CQB User
Hmmmmmmmm.

http://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/fifth-circuit-rules-for-exxonmobil-endi-17295/

Ironically, the same people in my shop who pound the table the hardest for "one level of safety" when demanding we adhere to Part 121 rest rules (ie: 117), will also be the loudest ones decrying this decision as "age discrimination."

Pick one set of rules folks. You can't have it both ways.

As an aside, I still have a 15 year old new hire manual that says "the mandatory retirement age for Executive Jet shall be 65..."

It's coming to a fractional near you. This has basically given them the ammo they need to end the careers of guys approaching 80....

I hope those in fractionals now understand they won't be able to fly until they die. Need to get your salaries and retirements up and on par with the true "industry standards"....

With the fantastic 401K contribution plan from Flight Options ( 0% matching ) some of us might have to work a few more years.

FAA says it is a safety thing, and now the courts rule that it is a safety thing based on FAA research and opinion.

At "Blah Blah Blah", safety comes first. It is one of our core principles. Which one is it???

NetJets, the largest fractional, has an excellent safety record. Perhaps the experience level of NetJets' many 60+ year olds is a positive safety factor. Flying fatigued, no matter what your age, is obviously a negative.

NetJets, the largest fractional, has an excellent safety record. Perhaps the experience level of NetJets' many 60+ year olds is a positive safety factor. Flying fatigued, no matter what your age, is obviously a negative.

Maybe the safety thing is due to the defibs being mandatory equipment?

We need something like this at the frax.

I hear one fractional is actually encouraging a few of these dinosaurs to retire. All in their mid 70s

They don't realize that they're not good at this anymore. And they're selfish pricks

It's easy to say you are the largest fractional when there are only 2

Latest resources

Back