Ouch! Comair Class Postponed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Otto

I was scheduled for a March 27 class and just go the word it has slid back to May 22...something about the new jets not being delivered as scheduled. Anyone else get the same word?

comair

Training is backed up, and they're trying to get the Midway guys through first, status of incoming aircraft hasn't changed. Good luck

I just happened to be in the G.O. today. I talked to two different departments about two entirely different subjects. In both conversations the person I was talking to alluded to slowdowns in hiring and training because Bombardier couldn't keep up with the aircraft delivery schedule. FWIW.....

March 13th is the last class until May. Somehow the good Lord was looking out for me...I start class on the 13th. Don't feel bad for being postponed...I will undoubtedly be the youngest in my class, which means I'll be the very bottom pilot on the seniority list at Comair airlines until May. Now that takes talent!!!!!!

or dumb luck.

Delayed Jets

I was told that Bombardier had layed off 20 percent of their work force, therefore delaying jet orders to everyone. Just curious for those of you that are in the pool at comair how long have you been treading water.

obadie

Hey Otto, Mind if I ask what your interview date was?
I was interviewed Feb. 21st and hired March 1st.
I'm trying to get any sort of idea as to how far back in the pool I might be.
Thanks

Also does anyone know how much the production of CRJ's has slowed? Is this gonna be a month delay and then classes every Wed. as before? Or are they gonna be playing it by ear? I'm dying to get in class before say...the end of summer.!!!!!!!!!! :D

Hey Miller22 when did you interview or get hired??

I interviewed on Jan. 23rd. I got the call on Feb 2nd and didn't hear about my class date until last week.
I guess Comair cancelled the March 13th class too, but Sharon Jones argued that most of the pilots had already quit their jobs and she didn't think it'd be decent to screw the March 13th pilots over, so they went ahead with the class.

Remind me to send her flowers.

CRJFlyer said:
Hey Otto, Mind if I ask what your interview date was?
I was interviewed Feb. 21st and hired March 1st.
I'm trying to get any sort of idea as to how far back in the pool I might be.
Thanks

CRJFlyer,
Sure...I interviewed on Jan 31 but I just found out last week that I had gotten the job. Apparently they sent me an acceptance letter in early Feb, but somehow it never made it's way into my mailbox. I was in the March 13 class but because I just found out last week, that didn't give me enough time to move so I asked to be put in the March 27 class. Ironic huh? Oh well, at least I won't be losing ground seniority.
Otto

Latest resources

Back