Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

30West

NARF!
Planning on going this year and wanted to get some gouge. Specifically, if one stays 15 miles away for example in Appleton, what's the road traffic in and out like? Is it doable or should I rent a private room or dorm if it means being close? I'd rather do a hotel but would prefer not to sit in traffic for an hour each time I come in and out.

Thanks.

I haven't been there for two years, but I never have serious problems with traffic. From route 44, it takes maybe 20" to be at a dead stop in the lot. It simply isn't as
crowded as you'd think. I have no clue as to the local hotel/dorm deal because I
use an RV.

You'll need two full days just to see it all. Plenty of good food. Bring a chair and lock it to something while you wander around. You'll need it for the airshow. The two must-sees are Sean Tucker and the Fly-Market. Have a good time!

Traffic has never been bad when I've been there. They have it down to a science, just expect a bit of a walk if you show up late morning.

Rent a room a someone's house on the northside of the airport. Can't go wrong.

Agreed. I did this way back in 2003, last time I was able to go, and it was awesome. The couple that owned the house I stayed in threw a big BBQ every night, plenty of deep fried turkey, steaks, corn on the cob, home made onion rings etc etc etc..not to mention it was cheap, beat "camping out," done that before in the past, and sleeping in the humidity during that time of year is just not fun.

have a great time.

Latest resources

Back