• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

One Sky taking over Netjets!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just heard this morning we are getting a complete overhaul on our adp and benefits toolbox starting Jan 1.

Nothing like working for a company that keeps you abreast of *their* decisions that impact *your* life. So who knows. Maybe we are already sold.

Better get online and secure a printout of all your docs. This company's track record of seamless transition is miserable.

Not again. Didn't Principle have to restate their expenses relating to our old 401(k)? Shortly thereafter, at least one person "moved on".

Well that's one way to get rid of IBT!

Yea! So it can be replaced with a power-hungry, membership-hating cabal of arrogant pricks including the return of one of the most vile people to ever draw a union stipend. Awesome!

Yea! So it can be replaced with a power-hungry, membership-hating cabal of arrogant pricks including the return of one of the most vile people to ever draw a union stipend. Awesome!

So, how do really feel?! Haha.

I actually heard a rumor you guys might be looking to go back to 1108 as the last round of fighting drained the resources quite a bit. Stranger things have happened I guess.

I actually heard a rumor you guys might be looking to go back to 1108 as the last round of fighting drained the resources quite a bit. Stranger things have happened I guess.

IBT never provided one bit (nor funded one dime) of our negotiating resources; they merely took their franchise money and let the local do all the work. I don't see any advantage at all in going back.

1108, NJASAP, hell, why not 284? Wouldn't matter since it would still be the same turds floating at the top of the punch bowl.

So, how do really feel?! Haha.

We actually continued to save money during the last round. Coffers are nearly full and a couple years until next round.

1108, NJASAP, hell, why not 284? Wouldn't matter since it would still be the same turds floating at the top of the punch bowl.

Well, I've been as critical as anyone of the results of the various contracts I've been through here at NJA. About 20 year's worth. I can pick them apart with the best of them!

That being said, since those "turds" have taken over and provided real leadership, I've seen my pay, benefits and QOL do nothing but improve, at times by significant leaps and bounds, with the turdy leadership folks.

Yes, not everyone has benefited evenly. I've been at the short end of the stick a couple times myself (being senior I most definitely did not receive the lion's share of the pay improvement in the '05 CBA). I feel for our F/O's this time around. I just couldn't lend my support to this last CBA for that reason, amongst others.

But I've NEVER taken a step backwards with our union. Not once. Not when the company was dealing with us as a weak union back prior to '04, not when SU took over, not when we were supposedly a cooter hair away from closing the doors and Sokol was begging us for concessions, not even with JH was giving us a morale beating the likes of which I've never been through.

There has been some give and take here and there. No doubt about it. But AS A GROUP, we've done nothing but go forward with improvements that have benefited us as a whole.

Go find another unionized aviation group that can look back on 20 years of history and make the same claim.

Do we have a perfect CBA? Nope. Will I fight hard in the next round (whenever that occurs) to try to even things up with some who didn't do as well this time? yes.

It's easy to call out folks for performance we don't like. And even easier when you forget where the starting point was they had to work with.

But I'll take our union leadership, even the ones I don't like (and make no mistake, I'm not at all fond of all of them!), over any other group.

Latest resources

Back