Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

spongebob

Glass half empty
It interesting to see the moderator closes my question because I express my opinion about connection taking my job yet he feels it appropriate to run useless polls about the RJDC...

In any case, I have been activated in the military and have not seen written anywhere what the exact numbers will be furloughed every month in order to attain the 1400. Can anyone enlighten me.

PS. I'm glad to see we still have cool-aid drinkers out there who assume that because marketing makes an equipment decision for a market, it is necessarily the best decision. If that were true, there would never have been bankrupt airlines and companies would always make money. Newsflash... There are many variables in this equation and do not be suckered into thinking that politics and powerplays with the pilot force are not central to what is going on today. Comair pilots have to ask themselves why the company was willing to lose so much cash over the summer during their contract negitiations.

The Delta VARS number is 1-800-257-2638. Answer your own question.

However, if you continue to post inflammatory statements directed toward Connection pilots, I will continue to close your threads. Flamebait is not tolerated here.

Don't blame connection pilots for the current situation, blame YOUR management. We pilots only do what we're told and have no say in management's marketing decisions. You should know better, which leads me to believe you're trying to flame us here.
Regards,
If4f
Still a moderator

Hey hotshot, considering the posts that are out there, you have lots of gall to pick on mine. It is interesting that any pro RJ stuff that may not be taken well by a mainline pilot gets through you. Would it be an issue of partiality???

I have neither disparaged other pilots nor attempted to inflame any issues. It is a FACT that Delta mainline has cut routes and Connection has picked some of these routes up. That is as objective as a observation can be.

As to my opinion (which is what I thought the message board was for) I don't like the current situation. But after reading in so many posts how ALPA is trying to hamper the career of RJ pilots, I can only make a sarcastic quip about the current situation.

I do not blame individual pilots for picking up mainline routes but I do not agree on various issues that some Connection pilots have expressed opinions on(including on this message board) .

So please get off my back and let any fellow pilots who may have some helful info (other than the party line provided by management) respond to my question!

ifly4food said:
The Delta VARS number is 1-800-257-2638. Answer your own question.

IFF,

The number you provided is the DALPA MEC voicemail. DALPA is not furloughing Delta pilots, Delta Air Lines is therefore how could one acertain future furloughs using this number? (Answer for the slow people: They can't)

Spongebob,

There is no list telling you the info you seek as it is determined month to month based on future bookings. If you're a DAL pilot, and you're currently holding 73S with no projected training, call crew planning and they will give you their best guess as to when your furlough date will be. If you have a training date or are not holding 73S chances are you won't be furloughed.

FlyingSig,

Thank for the help. Unfortunately I fall under MSC but my classmates are all heading to MCO. I am not sure about the training dates, will look into it.

PS Have you heard any new rumors in the cockpit? I recently saw the 44 HMFIC, Bill R. and he was saying it all hinges on the litigation oucome but he sounded optimistic...

Rumor wise...same ole same ole

The hot "new" rumors are that the April furloughs will be the last and that DAL is buying AmWest but no "real" info

I guess the Delta girls and boys finally discovered that Leo and the Connection pilot group have been secretly negotiating the Delta industry plan...

Further...I heard in a pilot meeting last week at ASA that the number of Delta pilots to be let go in April is still being negotiated. Results to be posted on Friday.

I believe it's to be posted on www.FlyASA.com

When I hear more, I'll let you all know.

ifly4food said:
Don't blame connection pilots for the current situation, blame YOUR management.
Actually, why not blame your union? If your MEC had not demanded that Connection pilots be excluded from ALPA's merger and fragmentation policy you would have nothing to worry about. If your MEC's version of "effective scope" was not so completely ineffective, you would have nothing to worry about.

No small jet operator has furloughed pilots. If Delta was allowed to operate the right equipment, in the right market, you would have no worries and another 3,500 pilots below you on a seniority list.

Lets give the Delta pilots all the power and all the flying - one list.

You can't shoot the Connection pilots, your union (since it excludes us from representation to our employer) has to figure out something to do with us. Your MEC's strategy is not working, time to consider other options...

~~~^~~~ said:
No small jet operator has furloughed pilots.

Now, now....there we go spreading misinformation again.

Let's see:

Air Wisconsin has 40 on furlough,
American Eagle has 304 on furlough,
CoEx has over 300 on furlough,
Mesa still has 201 on furlough,
Mesaba still has 12 that have not been recalled,
Trans States has over 300 on furlough
Skyway has 57 on furlough,
Horizon has pilots on furlough (not sure how many),

I'm sure I missed others as well...

Or do you not consider these airlines as small jet operators?

FlyingSig said:
IFF,
The number you provided is the DALPA MEC voicemail.
My bad if that's the wrong number. That's the number I had for VARS back during the contract talks and it seemed to work then.

DALPA is not furloughing Delta pilots, Delta Air Lines is therefore how could one acertain future furloughs using this number? (Answer for the slow people: They can't)

As for using that number to obtain furlough numbers, I [mistakenly] assumed that Delta would keep your MEC informed of the upcoming numbers who would then post it on VARS. Obviously I know that "DALPA is not furloughing Delta pilots".
Smart remark was not necessary. Thanks.

Latest resources

Back