NZ 2000 Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HawkerF/O said:
Boiler, TXGold spelled it out very well for you. That is a great way. Also, 2 other things.

If you want to go from your present position direct (vertically) to the crossing altitude (Controller: N123XY, descend via the xxxxxx arrival and your next fix is KUBIC at 10000 and 250). If you already have the 10000 and 250 set up like TXGold said do on the R LSK (right Line Select), just hit Direct To then press the RH line select key for that fix, and the info will come right up for you and take you vertically Direct.

Second, if you have to cross a fix, KUBIC for example, 30 miles from it at 5000, do this:

KUBIC//30 then put that above/before KUBIC in the Flight Plan

If you have to cross it at 10000 30 miles AFTER it, put that after/below KUBIC. Work really well. That tells the plane to stay on course and it just add a fix to your current route 30 miles either side depending on where you put it in the Flight Plan.

Another great feature is if you have to go to a point that is only defined by 2 courses, for example where J50 meets J105 (just made that up). You can do the following:
fix/bearing/fix/bearing
XDU/300/DVG/020

or if you have to just put in a fix, bearing and distance
fix/bearing/distance
LIT/090/55

It's a great box, and it will make you think, you just have to figure out how to use all the stuff.
Edit for distance (5000 replaced by 30: My mistake)

TXGold said:
HawkerF/O, I know what you meant, but didn't say it. Reminds me of school when the teacher asked for a written explanation of how to make a PBJ. In order to put a distance to descend by in the box, there are two steps that I use. If told to be at 8000 30 before/after KUBIC, first bring KUBIC to the scratchpad, then add //30 to make it read KUBIC//30. Then put this before or on top of KUBIC. Next you would put 8000 in the scratchpad and then LSK on the R key adjacent to this new waypoint. Of course don't forget to put 8000 in the altitude alerter and arm VNAV. Ohh, and reset the field elevation, and then get a half cup of coffee. Call Personal Jet on Airinc and have some Heiniekin waiting for the twenty minute ride down to Riverfront.
I feel like a dork now, and to think I was never a Flight Instructor:).
TXGold
TXGold, I had made a mistake with the 5000 and didnt catch it until I read your post. You were polite by not calling me on it, but giving me a suttle hint. Thanks..........

Thanks guys. A wealth of info. TX, how do you live with all that info? I'll bet you can't remember your name to save your life! Thanks to HawkerF/O as well...I'll try all of this as soon as I get a trip in the aircraft.

Last edited:
HawkerF/O said:
Second, if you have to cross a fix, KUBIC for example, 30 miles from it at 5000, do this:

KUBIC//5000 then put that above/before KUBIC in the Flight Plan

And if you have ver 5.2 or better you can enter KUBIC//30/5000. From the scratchpad place it either on top of the waypoint (KUBIC in this case) for before the point and after KUBIC for beyond the point.

The NZ2000 is probably one of the best boxes out there...gives you a lot of info if you know where to find it! Enjoy!

Latest resources

Back