NWAirlink

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skyward80,
be very careful with that attitude. How much are you willing to sacrifice for the right to fly turbines? Do you have any idea how long and hard regional pilots have fought to increase the standard of living we enjoy?

"I'll just be happy with a place to sleep, some food, and turbine time."

With that attitude, that's all you'll ever get. That's no way to be compensated as a professional pilot.

skyward80

I briefly want to clarify my personal position...

I am not crying over being a "have not", it is part of the industry. More specifically it is senority, something we all cherish and hope we all had more of!

At Pinnacle as well as probably just about every other regional there are people who feel they deserve more, they should have been in the majors by now, they feel mislead by the company (HR), or down right bitter by not holding a line, being Captain, not getting 16 days off... the list goes on and on. There are plenty of children in our industry... Equally, there are plenty of people who would sleep in a hangar, work for free or for next to nothing for a job to "get to the next level".

We need to bring the regional industry up not down. Comair spent months out of work to "help" to increase the standards of the industry, others may do the same until that next level you speak of really something of value other than food, sleep and some turbine time....

There are plenty of unhappy people at the regionals (there always will be), you will get your chance soon enough hopefully sooner than later....

Latest resources

Back