Norwegian

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

check six

NAI just got the green light to compete on transatlantic routes into US. So they go worldwide to get the lowest cost flight crew. But you get what you pay for. Maybe History will repeat itself. Peoples Express and Continental (Lorenzo era) went down with this model. Are we looking at the same thing again with NAI? Can't see where a major us captain would not have a much lower risk factor for safety than a third world driver with less experience and knowledge.

So does NAI stand a chance?

Check Six

NAI just got the green light to compete on transatlantic routes into US. So they go worldwide to get the lowest cost flight crew.

So does NAI stand a chance?

If they have difficulty competing, it won't be due to any lack of pilots...world is crawling with 'em. Some will probably pay for their own training to get the job. :(

And lowest ticket price is what drives this stuff.

Last edited:
NAI stands an Excellant chance. I'm recommending the position to a lot of the young guys I know. And considering the "Lorenzo" era, let me remind you that there were thousands of unemployed pilots on the street from Braniff, Eastern, Continental and Frontier while Duffy fiddled.

I'll apply! Majors won't hire me 'cause I can't Jenny Leigh to recommend me, so I gots to do what I gots to do. Besides who wants to sit right eat for Andy over at deltah. Amirite?

NAI stands an Excellant chance. I'm recommending the position to a lot of the young guys I know. And considering the "Lorenzo" era, let me remind you that there were thousands of unemployed pilots on the street from Braniff, Eastern, Continental and Frontier while Duffy fiddled.

I just threw up in my mouth, nice troll.

I'd like to know too. I'm guessing alarmingly low pay (for a 787).
The low pay is just the symptom.

The disease is the US DOT allowing a foreign carrier who utilizes "flag of convenience" tactics to get hyper-low labor rates to operate in US. As soon as they begin doing it; floodgates will open-- everyone will.

This would be a great opportunity for the General to fly a 787 and also PCL ( all glass cockpits and not the SWA classics with the round dials that you were afraid to fly - real airmanship skill required)

I heard 170K avg for captains and 85K avg for FO's.

Aviation Week and Space technology advertises that Norwegian is good for the american worker since the new 787 orders support 100,000 Boeing workers. Also save US consumers with low ticket prices to and from Europe. So that is their sales pitch. Ironically, the CEO is a former Norwegian Air Force pilot.

Check Six

Latest resources

Back