North American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
chperplt said:
Who are these guys and what do they do? I see a 757 in BOS every now and then.

Thanks

They are the El Al feeder into JFK. I don't have too much info on them but basically they do charter flights in the US. They are owned by Israeli's I believe and do a lot of work with El Al. They have 757's and I believe 737-800's also.

Neal

Hello,

I worked for North American before I went to Delta. North American is owned By El Al by 24%. The rest is owned by Dan Mckinnen the former head of the CAB. The 737-800's Primarily feed the El Al jets from MIA, ORD & LAX. Any left over flying available on the 737 is chartered out to sports teams, ect. The 757's fly for Club Med vacations, GWV vacations out of BOS, US military channel flights, white house press corp & sports teams. The operation is primarily 121 supplemental (charter). Its very diverse flying, long days & international flying. Most trips flown with augmented crew. Pays well, great people. I went back after being fuloughed from Delta recently and they took me back right away because I was still technically current on the 757. Unfortunately due to the mid east violence and increased security, traffic is so bad El Al had north american park one of the 737. So, for the first time in there 11 year history they furloughed and I was on the street again. For the forseeable future they will not be hiring either. I hope it answers your question...

Joe

Latest resources

Back