Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ATRCAPT

Livin' the...dream?
Don't mean to detract from the SWA/AT debate, but I need some info. I'm wanting to get the he!! out of town sometime in January and take the family to HNL. Any idea what the loads on Hawaiian are like in Jan? We live in PDX, but can easily get to SMF, OAK, LAX, SFO, SEA, etc. Any help or advice is appreciated.

We generally have pretty full flights to Hawaii from everywhere, however mid Jan. to end of month is a fairly good time to non rev. Especially mid week. I really can't say which would be best, but ask a few weeks prior and I'll let you know

Thanx, Dan. BTW: The High and the Mighty came out in '54. You're STILL flying!?!

Just non-revd to hawaii this week from Phx for a friends wedding. Poor bastard.. Anyhoo, Hawaiin has a non stop to HNL. Then inter island hopping is pretty easy. The crew was awesome as were the ticket counter peeps. You can look on flyzed.com and it will show you how the flights look. Works pretty good and is fairly accurate most of the time. Bring some treats for the crew and they'll love you even more. Went out on a Tuesday and back on Saturday. You can go on USAir but they usually have an airbus so less seats and is usually pretty full. Hawaiin has the 767 and there were about 30 empties before all the non revs. Obviously time of year will matter but I've always had good luck with them. Good luck to you and hope this helps..

I flew Hawaiian coming back from HNL to PDX at the end of OCT. It was wide open coming back. I bought a ZED for my wife and son, my daughter was a lap child. All 4 of us got the middle section on the 767. Check out the price of Alaska one way ticket. We manage to get 2 tickets for $180 each, and ZED coming back. Just call the 800 and they will give you an idea how open the flight is.

Latest resources

Back