• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No "huge payraise" planned for Options pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My guess is when RH isn't manning the WL19 poster position it is none other than KR or perhaps JW maybe DF. Whomever it doesn't matter because on December 15th the Flight Options and Flexjet pilots will both be members of the same Union. The IBT 1108. Don't make the same mistake the RTA PILOTS MADE by giving this management a chance!
Say Yes and VOTE YES for the IBT1108!!!!

Uh children, I urge you to file a lawsuit charging management at Flexjet of using my account(WL) to further their(managements) position....that is a crime and NJ management got in trouble for doing it. You have the right and OBLIGATION to file a suite if you think that is what is going on. So let's put your money where your mouths are and get a lawsuit going....i'm sure your masters will back you 100%.
WL

Congratulations on becoming a Teamster! Management dweebs learn quick that they aren't ALL POWERFUL warlords. Its nice watching them learn to.

Uh children, I urge you to file a lawsuit charging management at Flexjet of using my account(WL) to further their(managements) position....that is a crime and NJ management got in trouble for doing it. You have the right and OBLIGATION to file a suite if you think that is what is going on. So let's put your money where your mouths are and get a lawsuit going....i'm sure your masters will back you 100%.
WL

The law suit(e) can wait. The next pressing thing is what to do now that you and Denise Flower-ian can't figure out what to do about the "unhappy" transfer pilots at Flex that want to return to Options.

I have a few comments I made in red.

fischman:

You ?outgrew? the IBT because ya?ll eventually figured out what they were all about.

You wrote a very excellent post and deserve a reply. I agree with your first 2 points.

1). You will make more money?ALPA proved that long ago, and NJ more recently. But the ultimate arbiter is the marketplace and what the market will bear. A union puts pressure on management to get the best pay, and that is good. Not correct. The market will pay a non-union pilot market prices. A union pilot gets paid what the company can afford and is collectively negotiated. In other words, union pilots are paid above market wages. For example, if NJ's TA passes, we will have Phenom pilots at over $200k. Show me a non-union shop ANYWHERE that will pay a Phenom pilot that.

2). I?ve never personally need a union, but agree with your points. That's because you're management.

3). As far as this goes, I?ve never been pressured to fly when it is unsafe to go, neither at Flex or DAC. Both of these places emphasize safety and apparently realize the impact an accident would have on the company. I have NO problem telling pac?s or dispatch that we can?t go because of safety concerns. Never had any negative feedback either. Most folks appreciate good judgment.

So again, VOTE NO and get rid of this despicable culture-destroying IBT , IMPROVE your and your families lives next year with market wages, and enjoy the day. How do you expect them to improve their lives without a union? Are you, out of the generosity of your heart, going to give them better and fair work rules, raises, benefits, and upgrades in seniority order? I don't think so. The ONLY way to guarantee that is to vote in a union and put boots to pavement.

Again. These are YOUR pilots. Why do you think so terribly of them? Like I stated earlier, the IBT has very little to do with your local. It is the LOCAL ELECTED LEADERS and VOLUNTEERS that run the union. The union isn't the IBT. The union is YOUR PILOTS. So I ask you again, why do you speak so terribly about your crews? Knowing you are management and how little you think of your own people would be enough for me to vote yes.

Let's be clear: YOU DO NOT SPEAK FOR ME. We outgrew the IBT means exactly that. We were sending 25% of our dues to IBT national and realized we had enough dues income with 2700 pilots that we didn't require IBT's support. Don't put words into my mouth to add spin to your argument.

As far as #3 goes: Good for you. I'm in a union and have had to call stewards on multiple occasions to protect myself when I set the parking brake. If not for the union I would have been disciplined or fired for doing what I thought was safe and right. As a matter of fact, Santulli would use the union as a selling point to the passengers because we knew that we would have union representation and felt secure to ALWAYS take the safest course of action. THAT is the best reason to vote in a union. That, and, you'll get more money.

Last edited:
realityman: You funny guy. I didn’t know you had a tractor-trailer truck tooting it’s horn and everything at one of your recent pickets. What a great idea. Rumour has it we got 27 calls from NJ owners the next day wanting to change providers…guess they didn’t appreciate the toots as much as you, but I would encourage you to continue this practice.

GC: I don’t so much defend management behavior as much as explain why the anachronistic, belligerent, archaic, uncivil, etc IBT is such a POS, that it has torn our culture apart at Flex, and will cause our company huge grief if it comes on property.. I am pro-business and wish to work with management as opposed to demonizing them, calling them Hitlers, and other such things the IBT lemmings do most every day.

fischman: You might want to check the pay of the Lear45 drivers at Wal-Mart…rumor has it they are not unionized.
Also, I would ask you this. Do you simply believe that all line-pilots think alike and that 100% of them think a union is mandatory? I can attest there are a whole bunch who hate and detest this IBT POS as much as I do, hopefully a majority. You’re simple-minded if you think other-wise.

If there are any non-voters left, I would urge you to vote soon. Not doing so is irresponsible.

At Flex, we recently had our most private data breached by “someone” who then gave it to NJASAP, who then did a mass propaganda mailing to Flex pilots. It is this kind of IBT-inspired illegal and egregous behavior you can expect IF the IBT infests Flex.

Anyone with eyes and basic common sense can figure out why NJASAP wants us to vote in the IBT…it is such a huge drag on any company they infest, and would give our most direct competitors, NJ, a huge selling point when trying to sell shares.

So, Be SMART! You have a chance to vote yourself all the benefits and equal wages Flex now enjoys. Do it for your family and yourself.

VOTE NO!!!
WL

fischman: You might want to check the pay of the Lear45 drivers at Wal-Mart?rumor has it they are not unionized.
Also, I would ask you this. Do you simply believe that all line-pilots think alike and that 100% of them think a union is mandatory? I can attest there are a whole bunch who hate and detest this IBT POS as much as I do, hopefully a majority. You?re simple-minded if you think other-wise.
You may want to check the work rules at Wal-Mart! You never answered my questions. Typical of union busting management types.

$50 says you won't answer them.

Ha! All they needed was a name list then they could search Faa.gov to their hearts content to find out the addresses! Again more reteric to try to discredit an organization that has actually helped the FO side by obtaining a GOOD first contract!!!!! The only person who has been caught lying to the Flex pilots is KR! Perhaps you want to work for him without a contract but about 90 percent of the FO pilots DO NOT!!! You do have the ten percent who will step on their coworkers back to get ahead! Again who was it that said there will be no changes? Who fired DW? You say that the Teamsters demonized her? The Teamsters did not have to do ANYTHING except wait for K to show his true colors! You can say all you want but I will keep pointing out actual provable facts. History not conjecture or hyperbole! We received on average about 36 percent raise over 5 years during what some are calling the worst economic downturn in history! Facts! So would I rather give some money to an organization that has had some personnel with issues in the past versus a person who actually has fired 8 people completely illegally and who has made tons of promises and broken them who has reneged on your contract that he wrote? To put it into current vernacular, You Betcha!!!!!!

WL"At Flex, we recently had our most private data breached by “someone” .
It's one big conspiracy and you exposed it! Now you can put on your foil hat and go back to your padded room.

Latest resources

Back