No "huge payraise" planned for Options pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fresh Air

The OneSky management surrogates who are whispering this into our ears are trying to snow us, big time. Kenn has already made it crystal clear, in his video, and also in practice with the transfers, what he considers "fair and equitable". In a rehash of the old "slide to poverty" scheme, Options pilots will slide over to the Flex payscale AT THEIR CURRENT RATE. For example, a 14 year small cabin Capt. at Options will enter the new payscale at the 7year Flex rate. Don't take my word for it, do your own research and learn. I't's a lose-lose scenario for us; if OneSky wins the election, it's "slide to poverty", no significant payraise. If the 1108 wins, OneSky will of course punish the pilots by withholding any raise and blame the Union as they always do. At least we get to negotiate for higher pay if the 1108 wins, with a CBA in 9 months or it goes to arbritration, which OneSky doesn't want. If OneSky wins, we are just plain out of luck.

Last edited:
Arkitec, I’ll kindly spell your name correctly when your side decides it’s childish to disrespect my company, it’s management, and me, with their various name-calling….OK oh mysterious one?

993- you and your fellow lemmings prove every day(Yammer and VUH) what it will be like if you get in power. Constant, incessant, name calling, intimidation, and lying are the CORE IBT tactics. Posters to these sites claim they want to work with the company, but it is their words and actions that display their true intent.

Paying ANY money to a corrupt organization (that would be your Masters in Ohio who have been AGAIN recommended to be put under FEDERAL WATCH) that uses these tactics in trying to take over a company ) doesn’t make any sense. Let’s bring EVERYBODY’S pay up to scale by VOTING NO. If management then tries to screw us, we can partner with NJ or whatever….don’t keep repeating the LIE that the IBT is the only game in town.

I’ve met quite a few of the FO crews on the road now, and the majority are simply very fine guys/gals. They seem to wish for nothing better than to provide for themselves and their families as best they can. There is, however, a distinct minority that seems to sit around and brag about how they screwed the company doing this or that, how they called in sick or fatigued blah blah….not an atmosphere I care to be associated with. I understand why people call fatigued after 2-3 days of long hours, but not after 8 DAYS off and at 0730 the FIRST DAY ON as happened(apparently) last Sunday. Just “showing the man”, I suppose.

VOTING NO is the first step in getting out this corrupt union. We can go from there. The IBT scare tactics, demonization of management, etc have grown old and flaccid.
DO SOMETHING FOR YOURSELVES AND YOUR FAMILIES.
VOTE NO.
WL

WL"I’ll kindly spell your name correctly when your side decides it’s childish to disrespect my company, it’s management, and me, with their various name-calling." Then you go on to call 993 and other pilots "lemmings"? You are a hypocrite and I will not be silenced by you.

WL "If management then tries to screw us, we can partner with NJ or whatever…" Management has been given a chance and they continue to screw us (401k being held as a bargaining chip). Then partner with NJ(not going to happen, they are inhouse) or whatever.. Or whatever? This is my career and I would rather have a plan with the Local1108 than whatever.

Warlord,
I notice that you refuse to answer my request on another thread so I will try here. Methinks that you cannot provide proof of your accusations and thus you must be the one lying. Please provide the required information. The 1108 has backed up their claims with numerous letters with bountiful facts that back up their claims. It's time for you to show your evidence, unless of course you don't have any and thus you are lying.

Quite a few postings to my last post, so I’ll make a little statement and then respond to several of them.

First, I’m not RH, never have been, don’t look like him, etc. I realize your need to focus your hatred, vitriol, and bile on him or someone else in management, but I’m not him…just a simple line-pilot at Flex/DAC for many years that is fed up with your tactics and behavior. I would encourage your lawsuits and “outings” to prove you are liars.

I’ve seen from the beginning how the IBT has tried to infiltrate this company, and it’s disgusting. It uses character assasination, demonization, and the Big Lie as its main weapons against management. It uses faux-respect schemes @VUH and pretty sophisticated psychological tricks (i.e. hot buttons) to manipulate members to do it’s bidding. And it, apparently, works…there’s quite a few of you wanna-be’s, possibly a majority.

The character assasination started with Deanna W, one of our best and well-liked presidents, and hasn’t stopped since. You’ve made prediction after prediction on THIS BOARD about broke airplanes, work-rules violations, rolling rest, etc, etc NONE OF WHICH HAS COME TRUE since we were bought. The ONLY conclusion I come to is this…you LIED ABOUT THESE THINGS, AND YOU’LL LIE ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE IN ORDER TO TAKE CONTROL OF THIS COMPANY.

Architect-Why do you post here? if you come on here just to make observations or ponder your navel hair, there are probably better places to post than this.

GC-I’m not trying to silence you Dude….Post on. BTW, was DAC paying you a salary while you”were lining their pockets?” My career has been/continues to be with Flex/DAC, so don’t tell me how I should feel about the IBT.

CA1900-have you ever worked for an IBT-backed carrier? The IBT is unscrupolous, unethical in their business, and corrupt. They’ve been mob-affilliated since Bobby Kennedy went after the first Jimmy Hoffa in the 60’s. They’ve just been recommended to be put back under FEDERAL-SUPERVISION AGAIN. And there’s quite a few bulbs here that gladly GIVE them their dues.

These are my feelings I’ve developed over the past 2 years working under DAC. I’m betting the remainder of my career on the company, NOT the IBT. The IBT declared war
2 years ago, and I’ve chosen to do my share of the fight on this board. I’ll work for partnering with NJ or any other HONEST union, but NOT the IBT.
VOTE NO.
WL

WL " I’m betting the remainder of my career on the company, NOT the IBT." So am I! The company writes the check, the union fills in the amount.

993:
Yes, I’ll be glad when Dec.15th arrives..there’s a lot more things I’d rather do than spend an hour a day doing this….but this is necessary, as you guys won’t quit, and neither will I.

Not too lazy to post unique things on three threads…it’s just more efficient in getting the word out to VOTE NO.

Cap’n Crunch/minions under him orchestrates most of the IBT responses on Yammer…they are often cut and paste pieces right off the IBT press. There are several writers that do express their own feelings and that is good.

I get most of my information from postings on Yammer, fellow Flex pilots, and in the field talking to FO pilots. You project the aura of invincibility on this board, but I believe it will be a very tight race as more fence-sitters see the truth about the IBT. If your side is voted out, does that mean more than half the pilots are stupid, ignorant, and void of common sense to you? To me it will mean they have evaluated the IBT for what it is, rejected their bully-boy tactics, and chosen to work with management to bring back a culture and work attitude that will ensure our future success. I have no problem partnering with an HONEST UNION (the local is probably honest, but the ultimate leadership and part of YOUR DUES goes to the CORRUPT NATIONAL UNION), and it is from the NATIONAL UNION that your company-destroying tactics, demagoguery, and character assassination derive.

You(IBT’ers) write both here and other places that you want to work with the company…that is horse-sh*t. How can calling our boss Hitler and other despicable names create an atmosphere of togetherness? Your hubris not-withstanding, you write that “once the votes are tallied, it will be COMPLETELY up to management to decide what relationship they want to have with their employees going forward.” You and your IBT “brothers” have ALREADY established the relationship with your demonizing and demagoguery and manipulation…THIS ISN’T A GAME AND IT’S NOT GOING TO BE PRETTY.

fischman:

You “outgrew” the IBT because ya’ll eventually figured out what they were all about.

You wrote a very excellent post and deserve a reply. I agree with your first 2 points.

1). You will make more money…ALPA proved that long ago, and NJ more recently. But the ultimate arbiter is the marketplace and what the market will bear. A union puts pressure on management to get the best pay, and that is good.

2). I’ve never personally need a union, but agree with your points.

3). As far as this goes, I’ve never been pressured to fly when it is unsafe to go, neither at Flex or DAC. Both of these places emphasize safety and apparently realize the impact an accident would have on the company. I have NO problem telling pac’s or dispatch that we can’t go because of safety concerns. Never had any negative feedback either. Most folks appreciate good judgment.

So again, VOTE NO and get rid of this despicable culture-destroying IBT, IMPROVE your and your families lives next year with market wages, and enjoy the day.
WL

Latest resources

Back