Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJASAP Officials stand in front on Flexjet sign with their center fingers extended

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh I'm pretty sure my 1.5% gets more than paid back with zero premium health care, higher salary, higher retirement contribution, and solidified work rules. I'm quite happy having representation. So, it seems, are 90,000 other unionized professional pilots.

All good deals. Not IBT1108 deals.

A fun exercise for some of you would be to lay hands on the 1108 contract proposals and see how many of them are met or exceeded by your union free management now that they are unleashed to dispense their goodwill upon the remaining FJ pilots.

A fun exercise for some of you would be to lay hands on the 1108 contract proposals and see how many of them are met or exceeded by your union free management now that they are unleashed to dispense their goodwill upon the remaining FJ pilots.

.....and then compare the JCBA to the company’s proposals. You know, the JCBA that they all hated so much.

Great comeback imac. The difference between FJ and the other 90,000 "unionized" pilots is that we had a choice. You don't. Give those 90,000 pilots a choice and you'll soon find out that it'll be you guys (alone) paying for nothing. Do you really think NJASAP cares what deal you get? They are more concerned over what's happening at NJ as solidarity is being eroded by the pilots that have wised up. Wait till they tell you that concessions have to be made (all while they collect your dues). Remember that WB and AJ are the ones writing your checks. Lets see how long it takes WB to wise up to your superior performance. Perhaps we should email some of these posts to his office in NB. Like I said early, keep up the great work. Also please hire EnFuego. He so badly wants to get paid for no work. You'll need more guys like him if you're going to have a strong contract.

BTW - did anyone fact check if there's 90,000 unionized pilots or is that more Fake News? Must be true if the Union says it's true (I forgot).

BTW - did anyone fact check if there's 90,000 unionized pilots or is that more Fake News? Must be true if the Union says it's true (I forgot).[/QUOTE]

Without even going into airlines like Air France, British Airways etc -there are over 101.477 unionized pilots and growing according to the numbers at APC.... and 318 fuc@tards like you at flexjet. Once again you can't get your facts straight.

- - - Updated - - -

Great comeback imac. The difference between FJ and the other 90,000 "unionized" pilots is that we had a choice. You don't. Give those 90,000 pilots a choice and you'll soon find out that it'll be you guys (alone) paying for nothing. Do you really think NJASAP cares what deal you get? They are more concerned over what's happening at NJ as solidarity is being eroded by the pilots that have wised up. Wait till they tell you that concessions have to be made (all while they collect your dues). Remember that WB and AJ are the ones writing your checks. Lets see how long it takes WB to wise up to your superior performance. Perhaps we should email some of these posts to his office in NB. Like I said early, keep up the great work. Also please hire EnFuego. He so badly wants to get paid for no work. You'll need more guys like him if you're going to have a strong contract.

BTW - did anyone fact check if there's 90,000 unionized pilots or is that more Fake News? Must be true if the Union says it's true (I forgot).

Without even going into airlines like Air France, British Airways etc -there are over 101.477 unionized pilots and growing according to the numbers at APC.... and 318 fuc@tards like you at flexjet. Once again you can't get your facts straight.

The problem with being a dumba$$ is that everyone is smarter than you.

AK 1960
AA 14503
DAL 14600
HAL 766
UAL 12517
ALG 910
F9 1177
B6 3578
SWA 9277
NKS 2206
Sun Cntry 314
VX 834
UPS 2725
So Air 254
Skylease 47
No Air Cargo 55
Kalitta 410
FedEx 4572
ATI 240
ABX 248
Atlas 1620
Omni 229
Miami 70
Wizz Air 547
Commute Air 275
Compass 663
Endeavor 1905
Envoy 2400
Expressjet 1865
Gojet 600
Horizon 810
Mesa 1200
Piedmont 715
PSA 1805
Republic 2000
TSA 600
NJ’s 2450
TMC 100
—————————————————
91,047 pilots

That’s organizations I’ve actually heard of and numbers that are probably low from APC. Conservatively there’s probably really 95-100k unionized pilots in our industry.

Let me tell you what 1.56% doesn’t do. It doesn’t get tired of me calling in fatigued. It doesn’t ask me to participate in rolling rest. It doesn’t question me when a plane breaks. It doesn’t ask me to fudge performance. It doesn’t ignore seniority. It doesn’t play in the gray areas. It doesn’t arbitrarily decide to not pay a bonus, reduce retirement, take away accrued sick days, or eliminate vacations. It doesn’t fire pilots illegally. And on, and on and on....Yeah, you pay for your free “relationship” with Onesky management.

And I love how 1.56% is some kind of rallying cry. That’s $130ish a month on $100k and $315ish a month on $250k. Are you that terrible at managing your money? No really? 2-5 times the national average in income and $130-315 breaks the bank?

I will pay about $780 in dues this year. A back breaking $65/month. What did I get for that terrible burden?

I received a $5000 ratification bonus when our contract passed. Looks like I’m paid up for a few years.

I received direct contribution 401k that will work up to 15%. Oh, btw, when there’s a dc involved the limit bumps up to $53k. Hope you like that 6% match.

I received LTD for life if I’m injured.

I received pay rates that increase annually and on the anniversary date of signing that can’t be changed on a whim.

Scope

Min daily guarantee

Yearly increasing per diem

And on, and on and on....at a lowly ULCC.

Yeah. That’s a good trade. And it’s why the fracs are in serious trouble with pilot recruitment Ken Ricci or no.

As for my being the worst failure in the history of aviation....hyperbole much? What does that make a guy who failed four consecutive Lear checkrides? Or was it more? They named it TRB Tuesday in your honor.

So go on, let’s see what other numbers you can throw out and get squashed on.

Last edited:
The problem with being a dumba$$ is that everyone is smarter than you.

AK 1960
AA 14503
DAL 14600
HAL 766
UAL 12517
ALG 910
F9 1177
B6 3578
SWA 9277
NKS 2206
Sun Cntry 314
VX 834
UPS 2725
So Air 254
Skylease 47
No Air Cargo 55
Kalitta 410
FedEx 4572
ATI 240
ABX 248
Atlas 1620
Omni 229
Miami 70
Wizz Air 547
Commute Air 275
Compass 663
Endeavor 1905
Envoy 2400
Expressjet 1865
Gojet 600
Horizon 810
Mesa 1200
Piedmont 715
PSA 1805
Republic 2000
TSA 600
NJ’s 2450
TMC 100
—————————————————
91,047 pilots

That’s organizations I’ve actually heard of and numbers that are probably low from APC. Conservatively there’s probably really 95-100k unionized pilots in our industry.

Let me tell you what 1.56% doesn’t do. It doesn’t get tired of me calling in fatigued. It doesn’t ask me to participate in rolling rest. It doesn’t question me when a plane breaks. It doesn’t ask me to fudge performance. It doesn’t ignore seniority. It doesn’t play in the gray areas. It doesn’t arbitrarily decide to not pay a bonus, reduce retirement, take away accrued sick days, or eliminate vacations. It doesn’t fire pilots illegally. And on, and on and on....Yeah, you pay for your free “relationship” with Onesky management.

And I love how 1.56% is some kind of rallying cry. That’s $130ish a month on $100k and $315ish a month on $250k. Are you that terrible at managing your money? No really? 2-5 times the national average in income and $130-315 breaks the bank?

I will pay about $780 in dues this year. A back breaking $65/month. What did I get for that terrible burden?

I received a $5000 ratification bonus when our contract passed. Looks like I’m paid up for a few years.

I received direct contribution 401k that will work up to 15%. Oh, btw, when there’s a dc involved the limit bumps up to $53k. Hope you like that 6% match.

I received LTD for life if I’m injured.

I received pay rates that increase annually and on the anniversary date of signing that can’t be changed on a whim.

Scope

Min daily guarantee

Yearly increasing per diem

And on, and on and on....at a lowly ULCC.

Yeah. That’s a good trade. And it’s why the fracs are in serious trouble with pilot recruitment Ken Ricci or no.

As for my being the worst failure in the history of aviation....hyperbole much? What does that make a guy who failed four consecutive Lear checkrides? Or was it more? They named it TRB Tuesday in your honor.

So go on, let’s see what other numbers you can throw out and get squashed on.

Nicely done, sir.

This is a capture of a spreadsheet I created to project W2 income... for an NJA SIC hired right now ... working the 72-day schedule and estimating 10% overtime and holiday pay over base pay. I colored the background of the figures that apply on the chart for this new hire. I think this is pretty accurate as a minimum because when I generate the numbers for 20 year PIC using the same sheet ... it matches my own W2. We know its low but it was best we could do in 2015 as it was not as obvious the economy would turn as positive as it has. But all in all, I am happy with the 1.5% I invest MINUS the 20% dues refunds we received past two years.

Columns are year of contract ... Rows are Years of Service

SIC.PNG

Link to google sheet you can edit yourself to make own projections

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/105RhAswiCjjPIww7sb2-TwPfQakHuBqtoek1a-cwhME/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Same chart for PIC. I believe all current PICs are either on the year 15 row or the year 18 row. 72-day schedule = 216 work days/yr minus 28 vacation days and 12 sick/PTO. Or 176 days on the road. This simply estimates 10% on top of base pay for unavoidable HOURLY overtime and holiday pay.

pic.PNG

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back