• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA to expand bases?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard the same and asked an IBT 1108 executive board trustee, who informed me it wasn't true. Apparently Net Jets is still not having problems hiring.

I heard the same and asked an IBT 1108 executive board trustee, who informed me it wasn't true. Apparently Net Jets is still not having problems hiring.

The hiring isn't the problem. It is the retention that is the issue. People get hired, go through training, get on the line, then 9-10 months into the job realize that commuting to work from wherever they live is a nightmare and they quit. Pooh, there goes a pile of training money and a qualified crew member.

Now will NJA admit their mistake and fix it??? Up for debate, my guess is when the airlines start to recall and hire some and if they age goes to 65 for 121 guys, they will have no choice. When all that will happen is anyone's guess.

If you look at the Union's attrition list you'll see that 16 people who were hired in 2006 alone have left. Each and everyone of them with a shinny, new type rating. Many of them were in the Falcon 2000 or the Excel.

do they give exit interviews to see why the guys actually left?

I can think of 2 reaons why new guys would leave.

Domiciles too restrictive with no way to commute.

F/O pay too low.

....and its going to be that way for the next 3+ years.

The boss man isn't going to give us anything he can use as a bargaining chip for the next round of negotiation.

Friend of mine just left, why...because he got an airline job in his home town. He even went on to tell me that if he could have commuted out of Chicago he would have stayed with NJA but he had to take the job closer to home for the sake of the family. I understand why.
It's to bad that the company has chosen to operate with this restriction to the pilots. But as we all sit around and say it's worthless and stupid I don't think the financial benefits will be realized until a much larger number of pilots are domiciled.

Friend of mine just left, why...because he got an airline job in his home town. He even went on to tell me that if he could have commuted out of Chicago he would have stayed with NJA but he had to take the job closer to home for the sake of the family. I understand why.
It's to bad that the company has chosen to operate with this restriction to the pilots. But as we all sit around and say it's worthless and stupid I don't think the financial benefits will be realized until a much larger number of pilots are domiciled.

We can only hope that he told NJs the reason for him to leave is the domicile issue.

Latest resources

Back