• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA TA in principal reached!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We now have first time Captains again on this current bid. One of you experts claimed it wouldn't happen anytime soon. Anything else you amateur Notredamueas like to predict?

Only took 10 years and a bit of attrition..t

Interesting timing on the first upgrades in a decade oh so close to contract ratification time..

Good for the guys upgrading, I'd be skeptical of the timing

Last edited:
Is that for all fleets or larger cabin... Is the 18 day being upped to 19?

11 years to make $150 doing 19 days+ holidays as an SIC..... NJA will have the same problem they did '05-'07. SIC's leaving for airlines... Only thing that may deter a mass exodus is the number of airline spots available due to all the flow contracts with the regionals.

I can see Captains maybe voting yes if they can clear $200k+. But what is the word form SIC's.

Major changes to scheduling..... 7/7 is still there and still considered the "base" schedule. -- The 18 and 15 day schedules remain with "modifications" and they've added a 13 and 19 day schedule.

I predict an SIC Exodus as well, but as long as NJ continues to attract a fresh supply of retired airline Captains year after year to replace them, it probably won't create as big a problem as we think.....

80+ hour work weeks, 4-5 legs per day, loading bags and cleaning planes. They're going to need a fresh supply of retired guys every year.

We now have first time Captains again on this current bid. One of you experts claimed it wouldn't happen anytime soon. Anything else you amateur Notredamueas like to predict?

Cute, but factually wrong (what a shock). Almost none of the guys that just got this award are actual 'first-time' Captains. Most were previous small jet captains that self downgraded into large cabin airplanes. The new TA removes the incentive for them to stay there as PBW was removed for FO's only (still not sure that is). Therefore, they're coming back to tiny jets...and they're going to hate it too. That was predictable.

Secondly, the claims that were made about the lack of upgrades here had to do with perspective NEW HIRES...not existing seniority list pilots. Everyone that got this award has been here at least a decade. A new hire here will be waiting 2-3 times that amount of time due primarily to the lack of a mandatory retirement age. So yes, for new hires (2015), there will never be upgrades here again.

Next time do your homework genius...you might learn something.

Cute, but factually wrong (what a shock). Almost none of the guys that just got this award are actual 'first-time' Captains. Most were previous small jet captains that self downgraded into large cabin airplanes. The new TA removes the incentive for them to stay there as PBW was removed for FO's only (still not sure that is). Therefore, they're coming back to tiny jets...and they're going to hate it too. That was predictable.

Secondly, the claims that were made about the lack of upgrades here had to do with perspective NEW HIRES...not existing seniority list pilots. Everyone that got this award has been here at least a decade. A new hire here will be waiting 2-3 times that amount of time due primarily to the lack of a mandatory retirement age. So yes, for new hires (2015), there will never be upgrades here again.

I know in my hire timeframe, I think it's still 2-300 numbers away...And that was a new hire class over 8 years ago. Even if they upgraded 30 new captains a year ( which they haven't done in a decade), that is 6-10 years away (not counting possible SIC attrition ahead of me.)

Those who were hired late 2005 early 2006 at the beginning of the hiring spree, they may sneak in by year 11 or 12... But as with any airline, those hired just a few month to a year later, it could add years to upgrade.

And to top it off it's a 11-15 year upgrade into a Phenom. The wait for anything more advanced/larger has got to be close to 20 years.

Wow, you amaze me. I look at the awards, only one person was a previous Captain, maybe two. You no guys are just so smart. If it gets voted down, I would love to see your plan. Because, everything previous isn't going to work. Now if you guys collectively put on your tin foil hats and come up with something that might work, I would love to hear about. But if you fail to collect lost pay during renegotiations, and make improvements, whose fault will it be. Maybe the EB/NC decides to step down and let you kids have a go at, but you damn well better produce.

I look at the awards, only one person was a previous Captain, maybe two.

Really? You looked at the awards? Because only 2 out of the 5 that received the award were NOT previous captains. C'mon new guy...at least try get your sh!t together before you run off at the mouth.

As for a NO vote costing people money...I just don't care. Doing the right thing is more important to me.

Only took 10 years and a bit of attrition..t

Interesting timing on the first upgrades in a decade oh so close to contract ratification time..

Good for the guys upgrading, I'd be skeptical of the timing

I don't think buying 5 yes votes is going to make it pass.

80+ hour work weeks, 4-5 legs per day, loading bags and cleaning planes. They're going to need a fresh supply of retired guys every year.

Melodrama.

If you're working that many hours and flying that many legs, it's only because you let them.

Latest resources

Back