• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA TA in principal reached!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just because you don't understand price mechanisms and how the marketplace works, it still works in a predictable way. Our brothers and sisters did good work, but they were helped by the shortage. What is so wrong in saying that? if there was a glut of good pilots, a raise would have been either crippling to the company by empowering our competition, or not in the offing, which would have caused a strike, thereby severely damaging our employer.

Trust me I understand price mechanism far better than you do.

I also understand how you didn't lift a finger to help and made excuse after excuse to keep sitting on the fence. Then complained how mean we are to anyone that listened.

In the end you're grasping at straws to try and show that you were right in the end which you weren't. You never have been during this whole time. Maybe it's your lack of experience in this arena, no backbone, or just being completely naive. Who knows.

But we all know you have a ton of excuses and this is just yet another one of them.

Trust me I understand price mechanism far better than you do.

I also understand how you didn't lift a finger to help and made excuse after excuse to keep sitting on the fence. Then complained how mean we are to anyone that listened.

In the end you're grasping at straws to try and show that you were right in the end which you weren't. You never have been during this whole time. Maybe it's your lack of experience in this arena, no backbone, or just being completely naive. Who knows.

But we all know you have a ton of excuses and this is just yet another one of them.

It is because I think logically and have helped run a company.

It is because I think logically and have helped run a company.

Great I have owned and own businesses that employ over 300 people.

Excuses excuses excuses.

The reality is that you were completely wrong from the start. You were told this time and time again but never understood it.

You still don't understand it when you ask a stupid question about kcm when the union has been very clear what its stance on it is.

I would love to hear about your extensive experience running a company. Lol. You can add that to your extensive Union experience and negotiating experience too.

G4,

I think the way the price mechanism will work this time is this. If we have achieved the compensation level we need to be at...

Like water always running downhill ... labor will seek its best compensation and working conditions. Lower paid operations will need to pay at or near the union rate. So I hope we will be raising the bar for everyone.

I think if you are not represented by a union, generally you are underpaid. Some people may be good negotiators, I am not. I use a buyers agent when I get real estate and buying services to buy a car. Without a union we would have just received whatever the company dictates. But with the negotiating power of the union we will receive what both sides agree to on a leveled playing field.

It doesn't get any better than that ... both sides in the deal getting what they are satisfied with ... instead of one side dictating the terms ... else one of the parties would not agree to the deal.

Last edited:
Great I have owned and own businesses that employ over 300 people.

Excuses excuses excuses.

The reality is that you were completely wrong from the start. You were told this time and time again but never understood it.

You still don't understand it when you ask a stupid question about kcm when the union has been very clear what its stance on it is.

I would love to hear about your extensive experience running a company. Lol. You can add that to your extensive Union experience and negotiating experience too.

Diesel, you're correct on all of this except for your egotism. Be careful not to pontificate too much, it's common knowledge around NJA where your bank account came from. "Just because you were born on third base doesn't mean you hit a triple."

Diesel, you're correct on all of this except for your egotism. Be careful not to pontificate too much, it's common knowledge around NJA where your bank account came from. "Just because you were born on third base doesn't mean you hit a triple."

Lol ego. You haven't met me because if you did you would see me scrap for every dollar. I could sit back and do nothing but I don't. I push myself very hard to make sure I don't feel like I'm on third base. I like to feel like I'm bunting for first. If you've seen me on the phone you'd know that.

Maybe that's why I don't understand this eh whatever attitude instead of fighting for our survival, career, and professionalism.

Of course I'd trade it all tomorrow for one day with my dad. Wouldn't you?

The shortage has EVERYTHING to do with what the company can afford. If the marketplace forces our competitors to pay more too, then NJA is not harmed by treating us generously. And those applicants are also applying at the majors.

Wow.

Um, no.

299011bd7c329467aad37604fd5314ab.jpg

Nice pin but how are the tater tots.

Latest resources

Back