• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Pilot for DECERT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh I’m sure NJA’s management is keeping an eye on that.

If there’s a refugee crisis at Flex-flops, I’m sure NJA’s management will be more than ready to scoop up as many as they can

Their target is 150 new hires this year. But they’d hire as many as they can for when that rainy day does come

be sure to tell the NJ sim techs to grease up the simulator struts and read up on crash resets.

be sure to tell the NJ sim techs to grease up the simulator struts and read up on crash resets.

I've always found this to be a particularly interesting retort from the anti-union people mostly because it defies logic in terms of where blame is placed.

What you have to remember is no one at FLOPS has a hire date fresher than the original unionization date. That means every pilot whether an original FLOPS or holdover from RTA was a hiring and training result of the way Ricci does business. If you really have a problem with the quality of a FLOPS pilot in general, then it's just a testimony of business done Ricci's way. The union didn't all of the sudden create a problem. If anything it's formation was a cry for help from the Cleveland way. Having worked for him for almost 5 years now I get it.

All that said, I've never had a problem with a transfer myself. I think we've mistakenly painted them all with a broad brush when in reality it's just a few of the more "ingratiated" who are the only problem.

There is one advantage if One sky removes their union. It will help NJA get some good people to help with our staffing issues (as they run away from the sinking ship) and then once One sky can't crew their airplanes it will be cheaper for NJA to buy out One sky so that they can get some more airplanes to help growth (It also returns the Gulfstream). If you want your company to stay around you better keep your union. There has already been so much damage done it may be difficult to save, but without a union you don't stand a chance.

Now the vote has been cast the quickest and most effective way for NJA to benefit from this situation might be to offer (with their unions permission) some type of integrated seniority for whatever # they are needing to hire if those pilots come now. They get fractional experienced pilots, some already trained on type and it will crush OneSky beyond repair. Then without a union to contend with they can buy the remains without the pilots (who have just asked for it so it's not unethical.)

NJA might end up hiring some expensive pilots but in the grand scheme of things they will gains untold millions and solidify market share for decades. It's good for NJA and good for NJASAP.

The market will find a way to capitalize on this blunder, even the union hating moguls. Like it was said before, Kenn Ricci just won the battle but he's about to lose the war.

In order to keep this decertification cancer from spreading to other carriers, the union's themselves will have to work to crush OneSky into oblivion. At the end of the day finding a good transition with parity for those 220 might be the only way.

Guarantee that NJASAP got a little stronger today.

And I guarantee you OneSky just got a whole lot weaker. In the grand scheme of things I think you guys are going to be stunned with the ramifications. It will take some time, it will be frog in the water, but every single one of those "day after" predictions will happen sooner or later.

Congratulations on your win today El Raton. Condolences in advance on the losses you can't even comprehend yet.

And I guarantee you OneSky just got a whole lot weaker. In the grand scheme of things I think you guys are going to be stunned with the ramifications. It will take some time, it will be frog in the water, but every single one of those "day after" predictions will happen sooner or later.

Congratulations on your win today El Raton. Condolences in advance on the losses you can't even comprehend yet.

Management just sent out a letter. El Raton just got ****ed on ISL.

I hope your 1K bonus makes up for it.

1K? I thought we were promised immediate raises. Technically, I guess it's true. I guess it just depends on what your definition of is is.

Trust me, I don’t feel like this is a win. There’s a lot wrong with Flexjet, and it not going to be fixed with or without the Teamsters. The only thing that will fix it Is when management finally decides to make this job a career that’s on par with the airlines and lose the philosophy of “stick and carrot” of compensation.

We’ve had a net gain of one pilot hired since January. That is not a glowing recommendation of Flexjet. The picture can’t be more clear for management. Don’t waste this opportunity.

Trust me, I don’t feel like this is a win. There’s a lot wrong with Flexjet, and it not going to be fixed with or without the Teamsters. The only thing that will fix it Is when management finally decides to make this job a career that’s on par with the airlines and lose the philosophy of “stick and carrot” of compensation.

We’ve had a net gain of one pilot hired since January. That is not a glowing recommendation of Flexjet. The picture can’t be more clear for management. Don’t waste this opportunity.

There won’t be another “opportunity “ no union in the world will ever represent you fools once the true NN comes out. You screwed yourselves. Enjoy your new 16 hour days and crap schedule

Latest resources

Back