• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ to JB...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a senior JFK F/O I did 4 day turns in a row worth 29:10. 3 of those and I was done for the month. 12 days of work. I hate working so I didn't pick anything else up but I could have. I you wanted to work and extra 2 or 3 days and were able to pick up a deadhead or international turn and that amount seems plausible. Work to live, not the other way around.

If u r a captain at NJA, stay. If an FO, go to JB. The Oracle has spoken.

This 8.5 year JB Capt agrees.

140K f/o working 16 days and off half the weekends?
NFW.

With our new work rules, for days off, just divide your monthly hours by 5. That's all you'll get per day.
Ooops, I meant per "duty period".
24+ layovers are freebies! (For the company, that is, not the pilots,)

As a senior JFK F/O I did 4 day turns in a row worth 29:10. 3 of those and I was done for the month. 12 days of work. I hate working so I didn't pick anything else up but I could have. I you wanted to work and extra 2 or 3 days and were able to pick up a deadhead or international turn and that amount seems plausible. Work to live, not the other way around.

I guess you live close to jfk?
Otherwise your "12 days of work" is more like 18 days away unless you live in that cesspool.
If you do live there, please let these guys know about the gridlock and tolls.
Just be honest, just because we screwed up coming here, don't lead these other poor guys on.
Unless you're one of the "Better than Mesa guys...", I guess.

In all fairness let me adjust the potential yr 6 pay from 140-150k to 130-140k..

There are many that live in or near base pick up the rsa's and work the flica and make 150k heck we have a few fo's here that made almost 200k this year.. granted they have no life

Just to give you a breakdown of last week.

I did 4 day turns. My bid award was 29:56 yes you heard me

kin the first, followed by an sti, pop, and then a provo turn. The first and second day we went over by about 20 mins each day putting me at 31 hours went illegal for last day and was released. 3 days gone 31 hrs pay

A year 5 FO here that credits 90-95 hrs per month, picks up not one rsa, maybe has one or two 100 hr months, takes 1 vacation and uses pto for quality of life and not a sellback bonus will easily make 125-130k

I 2 leg commute, bid commutability, bid for 50% of weekends off and only flew 4 redeyes last year,

I usually do 4 on 3 off so that I end up with a nice 7 day off block

Last edited:
Otherwise your "12 days of work" is more like 18 days away unless you live in that cesspool.
Just be honest, just because we screwed up coming here, don't lead these other poor guys on.
I commuted. Occasionally I had to come in the night before but not that often. Worst case scenario 15 days of work. I was never at Mesa.
As for your "screwed up coming here comment" go back to where you came from. No one is leading anyone on on this board or anywhere else. As an OC member I will tell anyone this job is not that bad. We have a good working environment where no one is out to get you. Come to work, do your job, go home. This very statement is exactly why organizing JFK pilots is tough. But we do have a lot of work to do with respect to benefits and retirement. Those are facts without all the emotion people seem to throw in.

Last edited:
Some FOs do make $150 plus.

But, don't count on it. A new hire is no where near the seniority to be able to pull that off UNLESS they live in JFK.

Even if you can you will not be able to keep it up for 10 years.

The company is on a war against soft time.

Some FOs do make $150 plus.

But, don't count on it. A new hire is no where near the seniority to be able to pull that off UNLESS they live in JFK.

Even if you can you will not be able to keep it up for 10 years.

The company is on a war against soft time.

Very true.

Be senior, whore, or both.

move ........

Latest resources

Back