• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New SWA record at 380+ trips a month?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your making less as a SWA FO...vs AAI CP? Just flew with a Former AAI CP who said he makes the same....granted he's about a low 80k SWA FO....fairly junior in ATL...

180/hour versus 150/hr. Not rocket science. If a guy wants to fly more days to make up the difference, he can, but flying an extra few days a month isn't "making the same" it's "working more days to make up the difference".

Yeah and as a senior FO at SWA he could work less and make more than he did at AAI as a CP...what's your point...? Stay negative but you got the deal of a lifetime...your last flying job!

as a senior FO at SWA he could work less and make more than he did at AAI as a CP

Still a lie, no matter how many times you say it.

Because math.

Yeah and as a senior FO at SWA he could work less and make more than he did at AAI as a CP...what's your point...? Stay negative but you got the deal of a lifetime...your last flying job!

More like work more to break even, but whatever you and the black tie tough guys say. I love SW, not sure if it's the 117 screw jobs or just the way it is but I've never worked so hard in my career.

As for this being my "last flying job", I certainly hope so but not counting or planning on it.

More like work more to break even, but whatever you and the black tie tough guys say. I love SW, not sure if it's the 117 screw jobs or just the way it is but I've never worked so hard in my career.

Join the club.

I've been working more to break even since our awesome union "negotiated", and the pilot group voted for this crummy contract, and all 17 of it's side letters.

PLC here is your math:

100% of the AT pilot group is making more than when they were bought.

Every FO that crossed over to the Southwest side got a 40% to 50% pay raise the second they crossed on top of the pay raises that they got after the purchase. That is over half of your seniority list that got massive pay raises.

Every Captain that came over may or may not be making close to what they were making the last year but they are still making more than what they were before the acquisition.

The fact that 70% of the captains that came over can now hold captain here giving them an additional 35% pay raise over what they were making as a captain at AT.

With almost 90 percent of your workgroup making anywhere from 35% to 50% more here as SW than they were making at AT it is kind of hard to listen to you whine about "MATH" as the only thing that the SW pilots got was a lot more people who were a lot younger coming in above them and not a single stock option or pay raise to ease the pain.

Anyways the only math you need now is what the max tongue weight is for a double wide.

100% of the AT pilot group is making more than when they were bought.

And 100% of the Southwest pilot group is making more than they were making in 2000. Just as worthless a statistic as yours.

the only thing that the SW pilots got

I'm sorry that you have such an entitlement mindset that you believed you were entitled to anything more than a fair integration. Where did you get such a poor and misplaced attitude? Poor parenting, perhaps?

Latest resources

Back