Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RMI

senior stop-lossee
Check out the www.afpc.randolph.af.mil website. No pilot AFSC exempted.

T-38 Dude, I don't know what base you were at, but our wing king doesn't want to play the waiver game. Won't stop me from doin' the waiver process, but not much hope on this end.

Next review in 60 days

Anybody really suprised??? I think we are going to be in this for the long haul....

Any idea what any of those officer AFSC's were??

Fridge

Most of the AFSC's were medical,spaceand... oh yea, Historian, the Air Force sure needed to stop all the historians from getting out, that would have been a major catastrophe. This just a trumpped up way for the Air Force to solve its retention problem by force. There is no manning shortage, and no other services have such a widespread stop loss. Write your Congressman and Senators and see if we can fix this.

Hey RMI,

Sorry your wing king is not being supportive. I was lucky. My wing/cc was more than glad to grant a waiver recommendation. Guess he is just a real good dude. So far i know of three folks approved from my base (Sheppard) and two more waiting for results from the AETC/CC (All of us T-38 and T-38 IFF guys). I also know of a F15C guy (AlbieF15) who got a waiver as well. Probably not much you can do if your cc doesn't want to help. Sorry. I wish you the best and hopefully this will end soon. Good luck.

T-38 Dude

I think your chance for a waiver is best when you are transitioning to another form of military life- i.e. guard/ reserve. The just get out waivers- not so good.

Mil-BushPilot

Curious where the 60 day review info came from. I skimmed over the message but couldn't find anything indicating when to expect the next update. Is this rumor or did someone in the know pass this along?

Had a three star visit our base not too long ago and indicated Stop Loss will be around for some time still. He spoke briefly about the news report which indicated 82% of the waivers are being approved. He said this is not the case within ACC. Less than half have been approved and only those with a true hardship are being approved. The high number (82%) is because the "non-war fighters" are being let go. According to him, if you're a pilot in ACC, you're here for the duration. What that duration is, is still TBD.:confused:

STOP LOSS Message

ATKTK,

The 60-Day review is in this message from the AF/DP in paragraph 2. I submitted another retirement application two weeks ago and it's in the wickets. I'm sure it'll be approved pending the end of STOP LOSS. Best wishes to all.

FIRST...FLY THE AIRCRAFT !
SentryIP
[email protected]

===============================

Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 6:35 PM
To: CC(n); CV(n); DO(n); DP(n); HC(n); HO(n); IG(n); IL(n); JA(n);
PA(n); RE(n); SC(n); SE(n); SG(n); XO(n); XP(n); CC(n);
dda:ACP-PLAD=ALMAJCOM////CV//DP////; HQDCANG(n); ALPERSCOM; FM(n);
PA(n); AQ(n); LL(n)
Cc: DPF(n)
Subject: Stop Loss Review Update #2
Importance: Low

UNCLAS

1. FOLLOWING AN IN-DEPTH REVIEW BY MAJCOMS, AIR RESERVE COMPONENTS, AND FUNCTIONALS, THE ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF THE AIR FORCE FOR MANPOWER AND RESERVE AFFAIRS, PPROVED THE RELEASE FROM STOP LOSS OF 24 OFFICER AND 40 ENLISTED AFSCS. A NUMBER OF FACTORS WENT INTO THIS DECISION, TO INCLUDE ONGOING AND FUTURE AEF REQUIREMENTS, OPERATIONS NOBLE EAGLE AND ENDURING FREEDOM HOMELAND DEFENSE NEEDS FOR THE NEW STEADY STATE ENVIRONMENT, AND AIR RESERVE COMPONENT MOBILIZATION.

2. THOUGH WE REMAIN FOCUSED ON ENSURING OUR FORCE CAN MEET ITS ONE/OEF REQUIREMENTS, WE ALSO RECOGNIZE THAT WE MUST BEGIN TO RETURN THE TOTAL FORCE TO A MORE NORMAL STATE. THE GRADUAL RELEASE OF AFSCS PUTS US ON THAT GLIDE SLOPE. SINCE THIS IS A VERY DYNAMIC ENVIRONMENT, WE WILL CONTINUE TO REVIEW THE STOP LOSS PROGRAM EVERY 60 DAYS AND MAKE ADJUSTMENTS ACCORDINGLY. IF WORLD EVENTS CHANGE SIGNIFICANTLY, WE WILL RE-EVALUATE STOP LOSS DECISIONS IMMEDIATELY.

3. ACTIVE AND RESERVE COMPONENT MEMBERS, NOT MOBILIZED OR DEPLOYED, IN THE FOLLOWING DESIGNATED AFSCS AND WHO HAVE AN APPROVED ETS/DOS/DOR MAY BE ALLOWED TO SEPARATE/RETIRE NET 1 MAR 02. SERVICING MPFS WILL CONTACT AFFECTED MEMBERS TO REVIEW THEIR OPTIONS AND SELECT A DEPARTURE DATE. THOSE PERSONNEL WHO HAVE AN AFSC ON THE RELEASE LIST, BUT ARE DEPLOYED OR MOBILIZED, TO INCLUDE RESERVE COMPONENT MEMBERS ACTIVATED IN-PLACE, WILL BE ALLOWED TO SELECT A SEPARATION DATE NET 30 DAYS AFTER RETURN FROM DEPLOYMENT, DEMOBILIZATION OR DEACTIVATION. MEMBERS RELEASED FROM STOP LOSS WILL BE AFFORDED SUFFICIENT TRANSITION TIME, INCLUDING TIME TO COMPLETE NECESSARY TRAVEL, COMPLETE MEDICAL EVALUATION IF REQUIRED, AND USE ACCRUED LEAVE IF DESIRED BY THE MEMBER. COMMANDERS OF MOBILIZED/ACTIVATED RESERVE
COMPONENT MEMBERS WITH THE SPECIFIED AFSCS, WHO ARE OTHERWISE ELIGIBLE FOR SEPARATION OR RETIREMENT AND WHO HAVE BEEN DEPLOYED, SHOULD GIVE CONSIDERATION TO REQUESTING THEIR DEACTIVATION UPON RETURN FROM DEPLOYMENT.

3A. OFFICER: THE FOLLOWING OFFICER AFSCS WILL BE RELEASED FROM STOP LOSS AS DESCRIBED ABOVE - 13S, 21A, 21M, 21S, 35B, 36P, 38M, 42B, 42E, 43A, 43D, 43M, 44D, 44H, 44J, 44Z, 46G, 47B, 47D, 48E, 65A, 65F, 65W AND 84H.

3B. ENLISTED: THE FOLLOWING ENLISTED AFSCS WILL BE RELEASED FROM STOP LOSS AS DESCRIBED ABOVE - 1C6XX, 1S0XX, 1T0X1, 2A000, 2A0X1, 2A1X1, 2A1X2, 2A1X3, 2A300, 2A3X1, 2A3X2, 2A3X3, 2A4X1, 2A4X2, 2A5X3, 2A6X3, 2A7X4, 2M0XX, 2P0XX, 2R0XX, 2R1XX, 2T3X5, 2T3X7, 2W0XX, 2W1XX, 2W2XX, 3A0XX, 3C0X2, 3C3X1, 3H0XX, 3N0XX, 3N1XX, 3N2XX, 3U0XX, 4J0XX, 6FXXX, 8FXXX, 8M0XX, 9DXXX AND 9E000.

4. IN ADDITION, ACTIVE DUTY LINE OFFICERS WHO ARE TWICE-DEFERRED FOR PROMOTION AND HAVE NOT BEEN OFFERED CONTINUATION, WHO ARE NOT DEPLOYED, ARE RELEASED FROM STOP LOSS. OFFICERS WHO MEET THESE CRITERIA BUT ARE CURRENTLY DEPLOYED ARE RELEASED FROM STOP-LOSS UPON RETURN TO HOME STATION FROM DEPLOYMENT. OFFICERS SUBJECT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE SEPARATED ON THEIR
MANDATORY DOS/DOR, EXCEPT THAT OFFICERS WHOSE DOD/DOR FALLS BEFORE 31 JUL 2002, OR WITHIN 150 DAYS OF RETURN TO HOME STATION FROM DEPLOYMENT, WILL BE PERMITTED TO ESTABLISH A NEW DOS/DOR SO AS TO AFFORD THE OFFICER 150 DAYS TRANSITION TIME.

5. IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT PERSONNEL REMAINING UNDER STOP LOSS MAY CONTINUE TO APPLY FOR SEPARATION/RETIREMENT THROUGH THE WAIVER PROCESS. IN
ADDITION, STRONG CONSIDERATION SHOULD BE GIVEN TO WAIVER REQUESTS FROM HYT PERSONNEL.

6. IMPLEMENTATION INSTRUCTIONS AND DETAILED GUIDANCE FROM AFPC, AFR AND NGB WILL FOLLOW. MY THANKS TO ALL FOR MAKING THIS PROCESS WORK. POCS ARE LT COL JAN MIDDLETON (AF/DPFMP), DSN 225-4679, LT COL RICH BINGER (AFPC/DPPRS), DSN 665- 2792 AND MSGT MIKE POTTER (AFPC/DPPRS), DSN 665-2374.

0% here

The 82% number is indeed a joke. Of the 3 cases I know of here, 0/3 on waivers at the Wing level. 1 KC-135 dude trying to get to his SWA job, and 2 C-17'ers (1 with a Reserve job in hand). Don't know if any Fred drivers have put in for it. 2 more tanker dudes are going to put in for waivers, both with Guard/Reserve jobs awaiting them. Rumor is that a higher-up in the base MPF said, "If we let one of them out, we'll have to let them all out."

Peace,
DP

Sentry
Thanks for the info. I guess we'll just play the wait and see game. I'm trying to stay positive, but this isn't how I envisioned my retirement days. I thought my deployment days were behind me. Maybe not. The one thing I've learned from all this is, never say never.;)

STOP LOSS Waivers

Hey All,

The only folks here who have been given waivers at the base where I'm stationed are those leaving active duty for Guard or Reserve duty. Oherwise, no waivers. Stay positive...it's the best thing to do right now!

FIRST...FLY THE AIRCRAFT!
SentryIP
[email protected]

Latest resources

Back