• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New SKW/ASA Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
40 percent income tax? That would be a no-go, non-deferrable, non-C-D-L-able, non-negotiable "N-O" for me. They might be able to get some of those unemployed furloughees to do it for that chump change.

At $130 per hour that works out to be about $3000 a month you can bank after living expenses which by the way are NOT cheap. Expat apartments are on the order of $900 a month for a one bedroom in a secure building in HCMC. Add to that the psychiatric "help" you will need after your return and you've blown through your wad.

Thanks anyway, but I'm ready for the announcement nonetheless.

I would suspect that there will be some sort of information syposium regarding the Vietnam flying that would cover taxes, housing, pay, etc. I'd think this would be done before the interviews, such that those who are interested don't waste the interviewing panels time if the deal is not as anticipated.

Bottom line is that no one will go over there for less money than they will make here in the States- through taxes or otherwise....

Actually he isn't far off. I guess you didn't even take time Google this before you spouted. While there is a 25% flat tax on foreigners, the value added tax is around 10%. You pay that whenever you buy anything there but I guess you knew that already. And yes, you absorb it regardless of what you were taught in school.

The company is going to cover the taxes. It will be Vietnam tax free for the pilots. I don't spout about things I don't know.

It just hit me....

That this whole thing will not get any furloughs back.

We're looking at losing those airplanes anyway, so most of the expenses involved with the transfer are going to hit us with or without donating pilots for the startup of the operation.

If anything it may prevent us from being fat on pilots after the aircraft leave. Perhaps it's just enough to carry us until the age 65 hiring starts?

Things that make you go hhhmmmm????

The aircraft aren't coming from our fleet. They are already in Asia.

It is Mekong, and they're paying the payroll taxes. If you come back early for some reason you get your position back.

It is Mekong, and they're paying the payroll taxes. If you come back early for some reason you get your position back.

I don't think they pay your taxes-you just are exepmt for a portion while working outside the U.S.

Latest resources

Back