New NetJet bases?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RP170

I spoke with a friend the other day that flys for NetJets. He said that he has heard from people in training classes that they are exploring opening another 20 or so cities as pilot domiciles later this year. Apparently they are telling this to new hires that are currently in class. Has anyone else heard anything similar to this?

They certainly didn't say anything about that during the interview. If you go, plan on five bases until at least the next contract.

I spoke w/ a union rep. who said that nja presented them w/the possibility of opening up some more bases and they said no because of some stipulations.
They said, "HBA for everyone!" May be we won't be waiting for the next round of negotiations afterall. But, definitely plan your life based on the current domicile system.

Last edited:
May be they needed approval from the union because of some "stipulation????". I didn't get into any details with him. Could that be the case?

No.

What they would need approval for is for some concession on our part that has nothing whatever to do with Domiciles or gateways.

Say, I don't know, like messing with our schedules in some fashion maybe?

I would guess... find out what the Scheduling department wants and you will have your answer.

But they are in no way restricted by the CBA --from offering more Domiciles or HBAs to more people.

Thanks for the insight. I just received the app and am in the process of getting that sent back in. I currently live in one of the domiciles (CMH) but was curious as to if there was any merit to these rumors.

I spoke w/ a union rep. who said that nja presented them w/the possibility of opening up some more bases and they said no because of some stipulations.
They said, "HBA for everyone!" May be we won't be waiting for the next round of negotiations afterall. But, definitely plan your life based on the current domicile system.

Oh boy, here we go again.....

The company does not need any sort of "union approval" to open (or close) new domiciles or HBAs. It is completely, totally 100%, their decision. If you choose to apply to NJA and are offered employment, you will be based in one of five domiciles. Don't count on this changing until the next CBA is inked.

it was made clear from the man him self during my indoc last month that just the 5 bases will be all til the next contract neg.

Latest resources

Back